cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

2nd Generation meters ?

posted by djmattc | A month ago

Hi

Any update on when SMETS2 2nd generation meters will be rolling out?

I'm a very keen to monitor my electricity and understand that other companies are rolling them out now.

Thanks,

8 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: 2nd Generation meters ?

SP have started to use Smets2 but not yet across all areas, if you want Smets2 better wait another few months. 

posted by keithrogers | A month ago

Is SP fitting  Smet2 meters?

posted by keithrogers | A month ago
All meters fitted after March first are supposed to be SMET 2.

posted by JayEE | A month ago
I had a 2nd gen meter fitted on Tuesday. It seems to be working ok as far a usage in kWh is recorded, but on the home page the price per unit is wrong. Today's 8.30 kWh at a cost of £9.43. So it's flashing weekly budget exceeded. So they are charging me about £1.11 per kWh. I have tried to call and have waited for over an hour 3 times. The on line chat is not working. Want to check that they are charging me.

Hey Jay. Whatever your IHD says is definitely not your bill. IHDs often give wrong price info.

posted by howard1408 | A month ago

About to have a second Gen Smart Meter fitted. Is this going to cause me grief or are the issues solved. Will the device be of benefit. 

Hi Smets2 meters send their data to a government database and so can be used by any fuel supplier. The new meters also have a stronger signal within the home so IHDs stay in touch more easily. Otherwise very similar to Smets1.

posted by Ambodach | A month ago

Booked a Smart meter installation for today 22/03/19.   Checked repeatedly that it would be a SMET2 meter.    Engineer turned up with a Smet 1!  To be fair he knew I would likely refuse fitting as his job card said I wished a Smet 2.  The final date for fitting Smet 1's was supposed to be mid March but this has been extended again.  I would advise anyone wanting a SMET2 to hold off for several months as who knows if the date will be extended again.