Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

£30 Credit

posted by Nick60 | A year ago

Antbody else having trouble getting a reply from Scottish Power regarding the promised £30 credit when switching to new tarriff. 

7 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: £30 Credit

I guess you will not see the credit until your first bill on the new Tariff. 

Highlighted

Maybe, but would be nice for Scottish Power to reply to the messages I have left on the subject, thats my erk.

Highlighted

posted by butterly | A year ago

I have had a bill but still no £30 credit after numerous phone calls.

posted by  Chrisb | A year ago

HI @Nick60 @butterly I have sent you both a private message. about your credits.

Just to confirm payments seem to have been made on  6th  July  however  this  will clear about the  20th  July. The payments are credited into your ScottishPower Energy Account and not directly into your bank account.

Highlighted

posted by butterly | A year ago
Sent more meter readings and still no £30 credit thought it was going to be cleared on the 20/7. Perhaps need to contact Martin Lewis.
Highlighted

Some good news, I submitted my latest reading and once it registered my bill showed 2 x credits of £15 (£30 promised when switching tarriff). looks like a result although you have to wonder would it have been credited without all the chasing at my end ?.

Highlighted

posted by meades | A year ago

Oh Yes - I have had a couple of £30 Credits. THis to try and sweeten us up!!

Back in Jan 2017 we had a funny smell in the house, I went back to work at lunchtime 2.00pm and came home at 5.30pm the smell was even worse! When my husband came home he searched for the smell and on opening the cupboard under the stairs found the Electric meter was on fire! we call SP to be told the engineer could not come out as he had personnel problems, by which time the meter was still burning! We stayed on the phone and was told by SP to call National Grid to come and look at the meter, when they got to our house the wood behind the meter was smoldering! They contacted SP to ask for their permission to diconnect and bypass the meter! Which was duely given by SP. And SP said an ebgineer would come out the next day! which he did not as he still had personel problems! So from the 6 Jan 2017 to the 5 Jan 2018 I made hundreds of calls to SP so say we did not have a meter. They sent us £30 for a missed appointment! All the time I had no meter, I was still paying my direct debit, which in hindsight I should have stopped! All this time from 2017 to 2018 I had esimated bills! some being over £700 when I was in credit by £800.00. All this time no one had any proof of how much Electricity I was actually using! WE even had the man come to the door to read the meter and I handed it to him in his hand! When SP finally came and fitted a meter on the 5th Jan 2018 all I wanted them to do is take an avenage over 1 week and re calculate my bills for the last year. This has been so hard for someone to take notice and realise if I had been on holiday for 2 weeks my house would have burnt to the ground. Are they interested? NO 

I have spoke to numerous idiots on the phone to try and make them understand with no avail! I ended up going to the Onbubmans which was a complete waste of time, as they offered me £60 - obviously I could rebuild my house and contebnts for £60!!! 

I have sent a recorded delivery letter to Lynda Clayton who is one of the Directors! And she has not had the courtesy to reply. 

All I want is my bills to be re calculated from Jan 2017 to Jan 2018 I do not think this is a massive ask!!

I someone would be kind enough to advise me please