Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£400 pounds energy payment

posted by DavC1 | A week ago

Announced 29 July from BBC news

The money, part of the Energy Bill Support Scheme, will be paid in six instalments.

Households will see a discount of £66 applied to their energy bills in October and November, and £67 a month from December to March 2023.

But how the money is received will depend on how you pay your bill.

Customers paying by direct debit, either monthly or quarterly, will see an automatic deduction off those bills.

Those with "smart" pay as you go meters will see an automatic monthly top-up added to their account, meaning they will have to add less credit to their meter for the total energy they use.

But those with older "non-smart" prepayment devices will not get this money automatically.

Instead, they will receive an energy bill discount voucher in the first week of each month, via text, email or in the post. Customers will have to redeem these in person at their usual top-up point, such as a local Post Office.

8 comments

posted by GaryH | A week ago
Re: £400 pounds energy payment

I don't pay by Direct Debit OR have a Smart meter. I simply send in meter readings quarterly and then pay by debit card online. How will I receive the £400  please ?

@GaryH   Good question , I don't know but I guess the monthly £67 will be added to your account before you pay. By the way direct debit is the cheapest way to pay. 

Thanks..if only I could work out how to set up a direct debit !! Cant find this on the website anywhere.

@GaryH   You should ask the dreaded customer services, you might be lucky and get a helpful one. 

posted by Paddy00 | A week ago
Do not set up a DD, i did this and they stole £3500 from me over 12 months..

@Paddy00   The amount you are charged depends on your meter readings, maybe you did not send any?   Direct debits are the most common way of running accounts and millions of people use them without problems. 

@GaryH     Reading more about the payments today, people like you who pay by debit card will have their account credited monthly with the £66. 

Thanks