Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by rogeralvey | 9 months ago
Re: 6 days, refund still not through

My dual bill monthly standing charge has been increased by about three times my previous amount while fixed. After three months while I was illed so no meter readings supplied, my account has a credit of more than a thounsand pounds and consequently, my bank account is in overdrafted. I phoned them up, a long wait, and I felt the staff was rude and was in no hurry to return my credit; I guess he must have heard this before but the policy is to keep maximum credit from the customer. Oh he stated" you can do this yourself when you login and change the standing charge". I try to move the slider to one third but it goes back to the full amount. I instructed the credit to be returned to my account but the system does not acknowledge with an email to say this is being done. I have been with Scotish Power for 15 years but for how long? 

OK, from what I hear above, I was told to wait 6 days too, but if I don't hear from them, customer service, I will know where to go. 

posted by annh | 9 months ago

can u get refund when your on pay as you go meter

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

PAYG meters work by buying prepaid cards to insert in the meter. It is very unlikely there is much credit left on the meter, why not just use the power you have already paid for?

posted by montymilo | 9 months ago

My account is in cr and i do not live in the property how do i go about to get my money back,thankyou

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Hi Monti. Does the property still need a power supply? If not close the account. If yes keep the account open, you will have to pay the daily standing charge and will need to keep some money in the account.

posted by poppy37 | 7 months ago

Should of received a refund last week. Still waiting when will I receive it?

posted by Ptew1974 | 5 months ago
I switched companies last summer Aug 2018 Scottish power sent me a statement saying I was in credit on my elec... But I owed £2:70 on gas 5 times I've called and I have been told that it's all done and the owing amount would be taken from the credit and the balance would be sent via cheque.... Still waitng.. But this morning 9/5/19 I got a statement with my account saying that I can login to my account as it's all up and running.... Wtf. I have since put a formal complaint in as I have had nothing but trouble from start to finish.... And the customer service employees need to learn how to talk to people and not to be extremly rude

posted by Ptew1974 | 5 months ago
I switched companies last summer Aug 2018 Scottish power sent me a statement saying I was in credit on my elec... But I owed £2:70 on gas 5 times I've called and I have been told that it's all done and the owing amount would be taken from the credit and the balance would be sent via cheque.... Still waitng.. But this morning 9/5/19 I got a statement with my account saying that I can login to my account as it's all up and running.... Wtf. I have since put a formal complaint in as I have had nothing but trouble from start to finish.... And the customer service employees need to learn how to talk to people and not to be soooo extremly rude

posted by jenchampion | 4 months ago
Hello.
I received my annual review letter in March 2019 and my new tariff letter in June 2019.
My account tells me I am just over £130 in credit. I have selected my refund preference on my online account to be refunded for the full amount. I believe it says in the QandA on this website that annual review credits are automatically refunded and shouldn’t require the customer to contact the provider.
Do I need to do anything else to ensure I receive a refund?
How long will it be to expect a refund in my account?
Thank you.

posted by Martinez21 | 4 months ago

it has been over 6weeks since I was told my refund would be sent to my bank account and it still has not been refunded .  What is the problem ?