Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account - Credit / Debit

posted by Davej311 | A year ago

Can someone tell me please what this mean when I'm told I'm £xx.xx in debit or credit?

9 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Account - Credit / Debit

@Davej311      If your account is in credit you have spare money available to pay for fuel.   If your account is in debit it means you need to put in more money to pay for fuel, so it is the amount you owe to the fuel company. 

posted by Cheese61 | A year ago
Every time my account is in credit i get a cheque for the amount im owed, why Scottish Power just carry the balance over to my next bill, this time it was only 10p i do not want a cheque for 10p

@Cheese61   Haha, that is so crazy, most people complain that SP never send them a refund.  

posted by Cheese61 | A year ago

I know but last time I tryd to pay £10 cheque into my bank that they refunded me it wouldn't go through and the banks were closed dueto the lock down 

posted by ES | A year ago
Hey! Does anyone know how to withdraw money from the credit section? Or how to apply for a refund on it from Scottish Power?

@ES    You should send. @Cheese61  a message, he seems to get refunds all the time, but usually SP keep credits  to pay off future bills   

posted by whiteowl | A year ago

@Davc He's not the only one, i have received refunds without asking .Last one i knew about was when i went into my bank account. You can go into account settings to set your refund options. 

posted by Katiey30 | A week ago
Hi!
On my app it says +134
Does this mean I’m in credit of this amount and I can use this towards future bills ?

Thank you!

posted by DavC1 | A week ago

@Katiey30   Yes a plus sign means you are in credit and that money will be used to pay for fuel this winter. Most people have a positive amount in their account in September before the cold weather starts.