Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Account balance wrong!

posted by Frustrated88 | 12 months ago

Hi - I'm despairing of getting anything solved by Scottish Power!!!  Can anyone please advise?

I recently made a credit payment of £300 to my account (which was previously on £0) to cover future bills.  My next bill was £96.08, which should've been deducted from the £300, leaving a credit balance of £203.92.

However, £203.92 is now also showing as having been deducted from my account, leaving me with a balance of £0!! Where has my £203.92 gone?!?!

I cannot get a response from anyone at Scottish Power. Please help! Thank you.

12 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 12 months ago
Re: Account balance wrong!

@Frustrated88   One possibility is that you are taking these numbers from the app. Theses apps have gone wrong recently, check your online internet account for the latest bills and statements. Otherwise you must talk to customer services to help you 0800 027 0072. 

Highlighted

Many thanks for responding. I've taken the figures from my online account (not the app), and have so far got nowhere with customer services who seem unable to deviate from a pre-written script or speak in understandable English.
Highlighted

Updating in case this helps anyone else:

Finally got to speak to someone helpful by phone, hallelujah! She initially said the discrepancy is because they have 2 systems - one 'back' and one 'front', which can show different balances. I was reassured my account was still in credit, despite what it was showing online.

I then received a call back to say that, in fact, a refund had been issued (which would take 2 weeks to arrive in cheque form!), thus explaining the £0 balance.  Kind of defeats the object of my adding £300 to my account, but at least it (hopefully!) explains where my money disappeared to.

Highlighted

posted by lee123 | 12 months ago

Don’t hold your breath waiting for your refund I’ve been waiting for seven months for these muppets to pay me what they owe me 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

@lee123  Hi Lee, just looked back to your July posts, good that they accept you were charged for someone elses debt on your PAYG meter, but shocking they have not paid up yet.  Maybe it will be a Xmas pressy?

Highlighted

posted by lee123 | 12 months ago

It wasn’t someone else’s debt either there was no debt, it’s just a massive **bleep** up by an incompetent outfit that are not fit for purpose 

Highlighted

posted by Kev | 12 months ago
Just had same problem you pay a bill and then thay send you a complete bill that's s all wrong and say that's is what you have used this period so I have closed the accounts and going to a new supplier thay do not know what thay are doing.
Highlighted

posted by Lindy27 | 8 months ago
I am so frustrated we have an empty property, so no one in house, however my bill is always high. At the moment I allegedly owe 292.32. As my meter readings have been sent via Facebook messenger email and over the phone I don't know how else to get through to them that my bill needs to be £0.00. Please can someone help, as my anxiety levels are off the scale. I have a vulnerable partner and don't need this at the moment with covid19.
Many thanks in advance if someone can help!!!!!!!!!!!
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
@Lindy27. That bill does look high, it’s probably been estimated and a true meter reading will correct it. The bill will never be zero though because you pay about 20p a day in standing charge.