Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

App, Site, Customer Service have not helped me what so ever, this is my last attempt before cancel

posted by scottishp_shite | A year ago

Hello people

I came to scottish power via uSwitch, they informed me on the telephone that I would receive a smart meter which would calculate my exact usage to avoid paying scottish power more money than I have to. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING ACCORDING TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AS MY AREA CAN NOT HAVE A SMART METER. I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET ONE BEFORE MAKING THIS AGREEMENT.. WHY NOT?

I was told I could enter my meter readings via the app, the website and the automated telephone service. And the USwitch sales person told me after a couple of asks just to make sure, that i would be able to enter my meter readings and the more readings i would give, the more accurate the bill would be due to each reading producing a cost averaging effect. THIS IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS ANY STANDARD AT SCOTTISH POWER ACCORDING TO TELEPHONE SUPPORT. AGAIN LIES, BY USWITCH.

The app freezes/doesnt work/loads of functionality just crashes and is blatantly a really really really bad attempt at trying to do something scottish powerr just quite clearly are not capable of delivering. I was told the app would work it does not. CUMMON GUYS YOU SHOULD HAVE ACTUALLY MADE AN EFFORT PENSIONERS ARE FREEZING TO DEATH BECAUSE YOU.

I was told i could enter my readings online, every time i have tried it fails and does not work, its a treally really bad attempt at making it work. 

This morning I have recieved an email at 4am saying my direct debit has been cancelled and i have to now pay EVEN MORE becasue iv automatically been put on a paper bills pay at the shop scenario. WHY???? WHY??????

WHAT  IS GOING ON WITH MY ACCOUNT, Iv tried to be nice on support, everytime its just brick wall after birck wall. I WANT TO SPEAK WITH A MANAGER IMMEDIATELY TO FIX MY ISSUE. I have already phoned and reported your complete lack of help and awreness of my issues along the way and nothing has been solved, more problems keep arising and im not even anywhere near getting this dealt with yet. 

I DONT HAVE TIME TO SIT ON A CHAT APP AND WAIT 6 HOURS FOR A REPLY FROM A CHAT BOT CENTRE IN INDIA. SORT YOUR SHIP OUT SCOTTISH POWER AND AT LEAST TRY AND HELP ME

7 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: App, Site, Customer Service have not helped me what so ever, this is my last attempt before canc

@scottishp_shite    As a new customer the opening meter readings have to be given to customer services. After that you can use the various online and phone facilities.  Of course the more regular your readings are (monthly is good) the more accurate your bills will be. 

The app has problems now and will not get resolved until a new version is released, it is best to avoid it.

No idea why your DD was cancelled, but nothing to do with paper or electronic bills, and without a DD you can pay online by card (dont try the app). The difference in cost between DD and quarterly cash is very small, many people prefer quarterly cash because then SP are not holding your money all the time.

No idea why you cannot have a smart meter, maybe poor mobile phone signal, maybe they do not have installers working in your area for the moment.

By all means leave SP but these problems are fairly common across all suppliers.

Highlighted

posted by thevines | A year ago
Re: App, Site, Customer Service have not helped me what so ever, this is my last attempt before canc

I got fed up with them.   Completed  switch  today with Octopus Energy. Very happy with their customer support...so far 😉

Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 12 months ago

I have been trying to leave Scottish Power for 3months as my direct debit has almost doubled tried to go to Octopus I am all electric wet heat octopus says they are having difficulty changing me as The national data base has me registered as having  2 meters when I only have. One it seems I generate 3 readings from an economy meter and they will have to charge me for two standing charges I have asked them to install a smart meter but so far no reply I am at my wits end as what to do next would appreciate help from anyone

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

@Sarahlily   Three readings? It sounds as if you have the SP Comfort Plus scheme, you can read a lot about this if you search the Community for comments.  Sorry, if this is correct, you have to get SP to change the system before any other supplier will have you.  SP can take away the meter and replace it with a conventional economy 7 or a smart meter, but it is a long battle.  Octopus will not take over your meter and tariff system because it is unique to SP and SP  are the only people who can remove it.

Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 12 months ago

So I'm stuck with Scottish Power seems so unfair the amount I'm paying every month is getting out of hand I have a lung a d heart condition and need to keep warm but afraid to put heating on

Highlighted

posted by keithofLondon | A month ago

iIm thinking of going to Specsvers to get some rose tinted glasses as that seems the only way that things may look better . I moved away from SSE/SP  5 years ago and am still still sorting out an issue a has recently come to light in respect to  over charging , seems that SP can't find correspondence sent to them,  despite sending acknowledgement of receipts, and advising hopefully responding within 5 days - ( they didn't say when the 5 days would start  so there is still hope). can't justify how they calculated the overcharge, the Customer care operative also said they didn't have any record of an email , despite it being in the chain sent to them which they replied to - I know Covid is making things difficult for us all, but really this is not neither customer care nor customer service.

On my new deal, promised call backs seem not to be made, when the issue seems too difficult to address : "when will I have a smart meter installed" as the tarriff I'm on requires one and could invalidate the current tarrif if I don't have one fitted!!!!!

Things appear not to have improved in the 5 year gap from leaving SE /SP an just rejoining - A Second chance was a leap of faith that has proved to be wrong!

Perhaps OfGen were justified in their comments.

And if only the Community website was half reasonable!

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@keithofLondon   SSE is a separate company, no connection with Scottish Power. The energy regulator is called Ofgem.   SP don't read this forum, you have to take up your problem with customer services 0800 027 0072