Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won’t let me login

posted by Scarecrow | 8 months ago
Hi all, the My Energy app is refusing to let me in. It tells me my username or password is incorrect, but the same username and password get me into the website and (bizarrely) let me log onto this community via the app. I’ve deleted the app and re downloaded but to no avail. I’m on iOS, if that helps. Any ideas? Thanks
22 comments

posted by Sytech | 8 months ago
Re: App won’t let me login

Same problem here...

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

I have found that I'm often blocked from sending a second upload to the Community, unless I sign out and restart. This happens on Apple devices and Microsoft devices. It is a fairly recent situation, I wonder if SP have done this to stop trolls sending multiple messages?

posted by Sytech | 8 months ago

@Jonnel It’s nothing to do with my iPad, logon all worked fine before the app updated to v3.3.0... Also I can logon fine on all browsers on iPad.

posted by Jonnel | 8 months ago

@Sytech Ah, fair enough - it was just a suggestion anyway. In my experience you can usually get around new apps that present unauthorised ssl certificates by 'accept all' and I imagined Scottish Power of all issuers would be the one most likely to present an update with an unauthorised certificate.

Hi Jonnel I just had to log out and log in again to reply to you, so I am being blocked from multiple replies, haha your comment about trolls, but who can be trusted? Since I have been on this forum I have only seen two examples of multiple comments, and somebody must have reported them because they disappeared quite quickly.  It is interesting that Smart Meters which were supposed to make life easy actually cause the majority of problems. I wonder if it is the same for all the providers? 

Thanks Jonnel, but I do not feel offended because where SP is concerned I do not see a policy, only unintended mistakes.

posted by Jonnel | 8 months ago
@Davc "Unintended mistakes"
Is that a euphamism for 'collateral damage' ?

posted by oliverd | 8 months ago

Same problem here. Cant login on the ios app as my "email address is invalid" it doesn' see to accept emails in the format Person@subdomain.company.suffix and this is since an app update. obviously I can login the the website with the cedentials so they're not actually invalid

posted by Migeulfernandes | 7 months ago
I tried many times to login, but couldn't, please let me know.