Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Scottish Power the hardest Company ever to try and get to speak to?

posted by StephenMowat | A year ago
54 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Are Scottish Power the hardest Company ever to try and get to speak to?

Hi @StephenMowat, our call centres are very busy at the minute and I do understand that some of our call wait times are high.  Could you share the question you wanted to ask on this topic thread and we'll try and assist you in finding the answer to your question Smiley Happy

posted by StephenMowat | A year ago

Thank you for your amazingly prompt reply! Would that anyone else in Scottish Power was as quick!!

i raised a complaint (Personal Details Removed) on Monday and, despite repeated calls into your main number, had absolutely no reply.

However, I called again today and have finally had my 8th Jan appointment, rescehuled for the 19th!!

I am going to write to Linda Clayton and request a full explanation, not only of how difficult you are to contact via phone (or email) but how appalling the back office processes and systems are - whilst being fronted by some very polite people on your front desk.

The fact remains that you not only failed my appointment, but failed to tell me or my builder (who’s name I had ensure we’re on the appointment notes) that you were not attending on Monday - he wasted a whole half day and me in paying him!

All your team, following my call with Davinder on Monday afternoon, failed to do anything with my complaint and no one called me ........ I had to call into you??

If you were looking for evidence of my claim that you are a very hard Company to contact and deal with - I have chapter and verse! I will be emailing your Customer Service Director, please feel free to make her aware - perhaps she would like to be pro-active? Take a look at my complaint, analyse the call logs and especially my call with Sarah (who was terrific) this afternoon between 15.00-15.30 ish.

If Linda was able to do that, without me having to waste any more of my time, it would go a long way to making me think your ironically named “extra care” department was anything but!

All my contact details are on my complaint, but do let Linda know she can call me anytime on (Personal Details Removed)  to dicusss, once she has familiarised herself with the background.

Stephen

posted by spikexix | A year ago

been trying now to speak to someone on the end of a phone for hours now, sick of hearing recorded msg. didnt ring me back when the said think this has confimed my thinking of changing my supplier.

posted by homeagain | A year ago

Is there an email to contact the company.  I am in another country and spent too much on listening to terrible music, the wait time was too long and expensive,

I am tryng to get a fixed tarrif for two years and was told orginaly if i do it online it would cost me only 3.00 pound extra a month but when i look at the options it looks like I have to take one of the tariffs on the front screen. is there anywhere to see how to get around this site.  My mother has duel fuel and the one she is on is almost over.  

posted by homeagain | A year ago

is there someone who would kindly tell me, what is the difference between fixed saver and fixed price energy- apart from the price. I am struggerling to work out which is the better deal

Highlighted

posted by DHogg | A year ago

Having just been on to find out why my Acct didn't transfer from my old rate to PowerUp I now understand why Call Centre staff APPEAR unhelpful. It is not the staff, it is the backend system. Only PowerUp staff could deal with the Technical Fault preventing the Transfer but when you call (or SP call back to a message left on the PowerUp number) the system puts you through to Scottish Power Staff, who cannot deal with PowerUp. At first Staff couldn't even transfer my phone call from Scottish Power to PowerUp, although later someone managed it. The fault lies in the Scottish Power/PowerUp backend infrastructure. It appears they are completely separated. I have been told it will take 2 weeks to get a phone call back advising how the Technical fault will be resolved. Further if this results in me being overcharged (ie put onto higher rates) Scottish Power will raise a Complaint and I will get a refund. In this day and age I would have thought it was unacceptable for Call Centre staff to have a system so poor it takes 2 weeks (maybe longer) to resolve an acct issue. The system is so poor I got beyond being angry with the staff and had to laugh at the backend system. As a reference I used to be part of a team looking after the backend systems for a company far larger than SP. 

posted by Fatlad | A year ago

Can some one PLEASE, email me back to let me know YES or NO. If I will get my  " Warm home discount "  this year .

Thank you K. Drew 

posted by loopy | A year ago

Yes, spent 30 mins hanging on to speak to a human, got fed up and gave up!

posted by betty | A year ago
Re: Are Scottish Power the hardest Company ever to try and get to speak to? Definitely.

I did actually get to speak to 'Angela' who was looking into my query - she asked me to hold on for a few minutes but didn't get back to me.  After 18 minutes the line went unattainable.  What now please?