Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Back soon, we are currently making some changes to improve your online experience'

posted by wareham | 7 months ago

Hi

Having had a smart electricty meter for several months and monitoring usage online, we had a smart gas meter fitted and it correctly sends data to the in-house monitor.  We prefer to use the online usage comparisons etc. but ever since the new meter, whenever I go to 'view your smart energy usage'  I get a message "Back soon, we are currently making some changes to improve your online experience

This has been the same for well over a week and it is NOT improving my online experience.  Could this be fixed please ASAP since the online comparison facility was the whole reason for having the smart meters fitted.

Grumpy of Wareham.

14 comments

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Re: 'Back soon, we are currently making some changes to improve your online experience'

Hi Wareham, sorry your thread got misused. The problems with the App and the IHDs not showing data have become commonplace, various upgrades have been issued but the problems never seem to go away. Your problem is not unusual and you just have to wait for it to be fixed. 

Re: 'Back soon, we are currently making some changes to improve your online experience'

Thanks Davc,  I appreciate your reply.

Scottish Power appears to have made a complete mess of this.  What should be a super-useful way to manage your energy usage and spending is, in reality non-existent.  All the cost, fuss and bother of fitting new meters in tens of thousands of peoples homes and then your web guys cant handle the resulting data.  As you may have guessed I've been in web dev for many, many years and displaying users' data from a database to a web page is kids stuff these days.

I bet the code to create billing is able to access the data pretty **bleep** quick!  Really amazing a company of SP's size can't keep up with the tech.  Come on guys, catch up !!!

Wareham.

To add insult to injury, just got a nag email from SP asking me to mark this topic as an 'Accepted Solution'.

Hardly.  The problem is exactly as it has been for weeks on end.  It would be easier to accept if SP simply took down the link to 'view your energy usage' untill they manage to get it working. Saying 'Back soon' is just not good enough.  They really do not seem to be working on it.  They certainly don't seem to want to give a 'fix by' date.

I suppose I could just cancel my direct debit on the grounds that I am not getting the service I paid for.  If enough of us did that it would soon be fixed.

Is anyone else interested in this topic or shall I just give up completely ?

posted by rangers | 7 months ago

all i can say is hurry up get rhe finger get new staff this is so frustrating

posted by lauraT | 7 months ago
New app working a treat for me getting reads daily from smart meters
If not working for you make sure you have downloaded app updates

posted by DSM | 6 months ago
Still not operational after more than 4 weeks. A reasonable supplier who cared about their customers would develop the improved experience elsewhere - then update the online site.

posted by davegill | 6 months ago

I've had a smart meter for over a year - and still not seeing the readings!!!!

posted by wareham | 6 months ago

Agreed. Cant wait to move to a well run supplier that cares about its customers. No one from SP has even commented here...

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hi Wareham, SP do not comment here, it is a forum for users.