Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad welcome. Wrong details and no-one answers phone

posted by IanL | 4 years ago
I just tried setting up a new SP account by phone. People were helpful, except initial monthly amount was far too high for smaller property compared to my existing SP account.
My welcome email arrived with the wrong name and details, and the agent couldn't fix so I tried calling again but got put into am interminable queue. Clicked the option to cancel my application, ... and got put into an interminable queue.

I've got enough on my plate, so if SP don't contact me to fix their mistakes, I consider my application cancelled.

Really bad, really bad!

Ian
13 comments

posted by diedwaiting | 3 years ago
Re: Bad welcome. Wrong details and no-one answers phone

No on e would answer phone waited 1hour

No option for a call back

Only wanted to know if the meters go back to o when you reach 10,000

I dont give  a monkeys now about anything

posted by Isabel | 3 years ago

I have tried over 30 times to call and every time told busy call again another tiime. I am being sent emails saying i owe a balance but call the number if wish to discuss but as stated done this 30+ times. I had a large credit with Extra Energy which i am due. I want to talk about my tariff but after all this hassle i now just want to move provider. Cant find anywhere to email or complain or live chat. This is stress i just dont need.

posted by grahb | 3 years ago

Where was the engineer on 14 why can u not talk to someone we get fobbed off .liam only on your system because my other provider went bust .and I am no happy with you crap service

posted by kildare | 3 years ago

trying to get a new deal by phone but nobody answers so going to uswitch to see if i can get something through them.if scottish power cant be arsed with loyal customers then its time to swith

posted by steveha | 2 years ago

I'm trying to leave them so they send me an email saying I have to call them. So after 16 minutes on hold, my battery discharges. 

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
@steveha. If you are leaving just ask the new supplier to do the transfer, no need to speak to SP.
sorry your battery ran out but there is an easy solution, plug it in.

posted by steveha | 2 years ago

So they were lying when they said:

What you need to do now:
❶ Call us on 0800 027 0072 with your meter readings so we can confirm your balance.

@steveha   It is true transfers are driven by the new supplier, but it would be courteous of you to help SP, no need to suggest lying. 

@steveha   It would help if you confirm to SP the same readings you gave to the new guys.