Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by MBow | 2 years ago
Re: Beware the new online direct debit manager
So today I have tried reducing my payment by £5 as over the course of the year I pay over, and my now in credit & building more credit. So tried to reduce by just £5 and using the sliding scale and it wants to charge me a one-off payment of £5.....how does that figure! I thought because I was managing the account online changes I make are FREE. The old direct system was easier :-(

posted by whiteowl | 2 years ago

Didn't relize they had put back the new DD manager after other complaints a few months ago. I had a chat and said i was not happy with this and said it was not a DD manager for the customer. Had a email this morning to say the same old excuse of making sure i would not be in debt for the winter. I don't want to be in credit for the summer. But they can't justify this. I can make my own decisions regarding  my account  to keep it in credit, that is what a online account is for, to keep up with my payments.   The summer is where i make my savings to make sure the winter is covered.  But i want it in my bank and not SP.  

posted by nosh | 2 years ago

hi

so the only way to lower your direct debit payments a month now  with scotish power with out paying a one of fee up front which means giving them even  more money is to put a lower meter reading in than it actually is  when they are due,that is of course only possible if you are not on a smrt meter

i dont see why they should be in credit with my money & not me ,as far as i know they are not a bank

posted by Bubble | 2 years ago

Hi I stopped paying by direct debit. The monthly amount they were asking was ridiculous.  Even thought the amount I was paying  was more than adequate to cover my fuel Bill's, they regularly increased my monthly payment.  I now pay quarterly.  

posted by anne15 | 2 years ago

Seems to me that the only way you can decrease your direct debit once you have a credit balance is to switch provider! I am an ex extra energy customer and from now on will only pick tariffs where there is no exit fees. I am certainly once bitten...etc . It is easy to increase a direct debit  but not to decrease your direct debit once you are in credit balance.  Talk about the PPI scandal here we have energy companies building up large credit balances and then disappearing overnight ! 9 months later u get a much reduced credit balance refund and not a final bill from extra energy in sight !

posted by Pugsley | A year ago

i totally agree with the comments made here about the new debit manager ! i have just come across this today & was shocked that you could not tweek the amounts now and then to a lower payment. I have always managed to cover the bill with lower payments anyway, as the set monthly price is always on the generous side  in favour of scottish power. Such high one off payments kinda defeats the object....... they have done this on purpose to tighten up payments  to them.. if you ask me they may as well do away with the manager now and we all pay the agreed monthly amount

posted by ao | A year ago
Just joined Scottish Power and two months in they have told me they are upping my bill from £78 per month to £112 per month. They say it is because i have not supplied a new meter reading but i am on smart meters so they should have it anyway. I am going to sort it out on Monday but do not like any company raising my bill without my consent.

posted by Jonnel | A year ago
@ao Just so you know - a direct debit increase does not have to be agreed by the payer before the payee can increase it, all the payee has to do is tell you they're increasing it, not ask your permission. Sounds like they've actually told you.

A direct debit arrangement is with your bank, not a payee, and is just an ongoing permission to your bank to give money to a payee without the bank having to ask you each and every time if it's okay

It's why firms like dd's, because they can increase them whenever they want just by giving two days' notice, which they usually do on a friday before the increase is made on the monday.

posted by Sharon1957 | A year ago
I have been reading the reviews and feel for the people that you are taking money off even when they are in credit (like myself). I have been on line and looked at the Beware the new online direct debit manager these are your customers and written by your customers!
I am appalled and disgusted that you are allowed to continue take money from customers that are already in credit and even put up the direct debit without permission. You are  scamming people out of money when they are in credit. This cannot be legal?

I feel this has to be taken further and intend writing to my local MP with regards to how much money your company make when people are in credit. This has to stop with electric companies as you are not being fair Scottish Power.

posted by Sharon1957 | A year ago
I have been reading the reviews and feel for the people that you are taking money off even when they are in credit (like myself). I have been on line and looked at the Beware the new online direct debit manager these are your customers and written by your customers!
I am appalled and disgusted that you are allowed to continue take money from customers that are already in credit and even put up the direct debit without permission. You are scamming people out of money when they are in credit. This cannot be legal?

I feel this has to be taken further and intend writing to my local MP with regards to how much money your company make when people are in credit. This has to stop with electric companies as you are not being fair Scottish Power.