Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Sharon1957 | A year ago
Re: Beware the new online direct debit manager
I have been reading the reviews and feel for the people that you are taking money off even when they are in credit (like myself). I have been on line and looked at the Beware the new online direct debit manager these are your customers and written by your customers!
I am appalled and disgusted that you are allowed to continue take money from customers that are already in credit and even put up the direct debit without permission. You are scamming people out of money when they are in credit. This cannot be legal?

I feel this has to be taken further and intend writing to my local MP with regards to how much money your company make when people are in credit. This has to stop with electric companies as you are not being fair Scottish Power.

posted by Sharon1957 | A year ago
Hi Totally agree with your post I am £1,500 approx in credit and they will not lower my payments and continue to take £500.00 per month from my account!! I have now had to stop my direct debt and will probably be put onto a higher tariff which is not fair as they already have my money in their account. This is corrupt and seems to be allowed legally I question this, how can a company continue to take from peoples accounts without their permission? This has to stop, please can I ask for everybody to complain to their MP.

posted by Davc | A year ago

@Sharon1957   You have to do some arithmetic, how much does your fuel bill total in a year?  If it is at least £6000 then £500 a month is good, the £1500 credit may be to account for your annual bill being even higher like £7k +.   These are high numbers but they can occur in large properties.  If your annual bill is much less, then something has gone very wrong. Check your meter readings and send in an actual reading as soon as possible. You need to be sure of all your facts before trying to take a complaint to Ofgem or the ombudsman.  Good Luck