cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by KarenAzar | A year ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
Spoiler
I left Scottish Power in January namely for two reasons firstly, the tarif that I was transferred on to was not very competitive and secondly, when I rang Scottish Power a couple of times to see what was happening I discovered how crap their customer so was. I have received final bills for both gas and electrcity. When I have called to inquire about my refund £198 and I have now called several times and been told they have no time frame for issuing the refund. Ofgem gave them Extra Energy 120,000 customers on the basis that they would refund anyone that was in credit with them. What I would like to know is has anyone got a refund or are being just being thobbed off and them hoping we will eventually get fed up and go away
Highlighted

posted by GreyArea | A year ago

I was some £800 in credit with E.E. when they folded. No sign of any monies so far, and recently less and less visibility of the “we are waiting for the ombudsman to confirm credit” statements on SP’s website. Not that they were that easy to find in the first place.

I have moved house and for reasons I won’t bore you with, no longer have an energy account in my own name. I have a bad feeling that I am going to have a long fight on my hands to get any money.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Sorry to hear that, and yes I see your point it will be hard to get your money under a new name and address. Nevertheless the money will be there for you and it is up to you to claim it once other people start reporting that they are seeing their credits on their bills. Nobody has reported this so far but it surely cannot be long now. It will just not be obvious that there is a bill credit as the bills normally go out quarterly and people seldom look at them anyway.

Highlighted

posted by stevey | A year ago

I am in the same situation - owed approx £300 and not with SP anymore.

Spoke to PwC (auditors) yesterday and the process is: once they have finalised the credit balances they will send you a letter stating this. It is your proof that you are owed money. Send this to SP and they should send you a cheque. If you don't receive it within a reasonable time frame then complain to them and then the Ombusman.

If all that fails then it's the small claims courts.

Highlighted

posted by Brazzerie | A year ago

I received the email below from EE on 10 Jan but still have nothing. I've tried calling countless times. I either get fobbed off with a different story and told to try again in a few weeks, or I don't get through at all. Can the email below be used as proof of what I am owed to request the refund by cheque from SP? -

Dear Brian.
From our conversation i can confirm that the credit on your account is £569.47. We can guarantee that this credit will be refunded to you in full, however the time scale is still unsure. Nevertheless, we ask you to call us in the next 2-3 weeks once more progress has been made with paying out all credit owed to our customers and we can inform when you will be receiving the refund.
We apologise for any inconvenience
Highlighted

Yes that is good news for you, and do use the email, but you have to tell SP not the community, we cannot help you.

Highlighted

posted by Logbox | A year ago

There is finally some movement, bad news is it might take at least another 3 months.

https://www.pwc.co.uk/services/business-recovery/administrations/extraenergy.html

Highlighted

posted by KarenAzar | A year ago
Thank you very much for this post at least some positive news at last. I just hope the final statement is correct. I was lucky enough to have received a bill not long before they went in to liquidation and have evidence of the payments made just after
Highlighted

posted by bri | A year ago

Starting to get annoyed with how long this is taking.  The Extra Energy account holder was actually my father who has passed away in the meantime and I'm cautious to either a) change the account to my name or b) leave SP supply as I'm reckoning then I'd only get a cheque to 'Exors of...' which I'd have to pass to the estate.

Now the account is £230ish in Debit - I don't particulary want to make any payments as I know my Dad was at least £300+ in credit when EE folded.

I jut want the credit back and the debit cleared so I can go off to Sainsbury's Energy in my own name and get the Nectar Points.

I also have considerable industry experience (worked 10 years for another big 6 supplier) and whilst some of the things stupid things my comapny does astonish me - nothing has quite prepared me for how utterly inept SP have been with this whole sorry mess.

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that Bri, SP is certainly in a muddle, but family experience with eon and edf suggests they have problems as well. What is it about energy supply that causes computer and service problems? I think the complexity of standing charge and p/ unit makes for difficult understanding and the Smart programme has been very poorly implemented. Hum, it is all ready for simplification.