Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Raymond | 3 years ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
Thank you - but it is still taking too long, way too long (going on 6 months) to sort this out. And by the way as a now reluctant customer of Scottish Power, we too are paying the levy.
When switching supplier it is reasonable to assume that the Government Regulator has checked out new entrants and satisfied itself that the applicant has a robust business plan and the financial structure to succeed. That's their job. In fact they have only just woken up to this aspect of their responsibility and belatedly introduced more rigorous examination of new entrants before granting a licence.
It is therefore OFGEM that we all need to thank for being useless in the first place and as a result, increasing cost to the consumer via the supplier levy

posted by Jonnel | 3 years ago

@Raymond wrote:
Thank you - but it is still taking too long, way too long (going on 6 months) to sort this out. And by the way as a now reluctant customer of Scottish Power, we too are paying the levy.
When switching supplier it is reasonable to assume that the Government Regulator has checked out new entrants and satisfied itself that the applicant has a robust business plan and the financial structure to succeed. That's their job. In fact they have only just woken up to this aspect of their responsibility and belatedly introduced more rigorous examination of new entrants before granting a licence.
It is therefore OFGEM that we all need to thank for being useless in the first place and as a result, increasing cost to the consumer via the supplier levy

I tried to point this out a month ago in a different thread, but people didn't want to know. Perhaps now Watchdog have said it people will get behind it. Do I hear the words "class action lawsuit" being bandied about?

posted by steveD | 3 years ago

DavC either works for ScottishPower or is a complete and utter tool or more likely both!, ScottishPower easily found all our personal details and banking details without our permission so don’t you think they could also easily find out what people are owed.?? Do you think people are still waiting for letters telling them they owe ScottishPower money from extra energy account.? Course not these people would have informed within the first week that they owe money....ScottishPower is a absolute disgrace . 3 percent customer satisfaction on trust pilot so that’s DavC and a few of his chums , I would have said his wife but no doubt she left him 20 years ago. We are being robbed by ScottishPower.......end of

posted by steveD | 3 years ago

Good to see ScottishPower on the watchdog show with all the other crooks. You don’t get to be on that unless you are ripping people off and untrustworthy, all the proof anyone should need. And surprise surprise since there appearance on watchdog everything is magically sorted and people will start getting their refunds now. Well I for one don’t believe that’s a coincidence I think it means they have known and had our money  for 3 or 4 months. Next trick will be not paying anyone the full amount.

good luck to anyone who stays with ScottishPower after they appeared on watchdog, would you pay £20000 for some new windows? That’s how much the company on watchdog were trying to charge old people!!, only the big time rogues get on watchdog 

posted by Logbox | 3 years ago

Well the tarrif SP put me on when I was "allowed" to join them has run out.

The new "lowest" tarrif was naother £30 a month!

So I done the meercat site and found I can save over £200 a year by moving, now that is approx what I had in credit with Extra energy, so if I lose it Im am no worse off financially but at least I am free of SP.  

*waves bye to money*

posted by Jonnel | 3 years ago

@Logbox Yes, the lucky ones switched away fromScottish Power as soon as they could to a better, cheaper, or more appropriate tariff as soon as they could - certainly before getting well into winter.

But your ExEn balance shouldn't be lost. Your details should still be on the ExEn database so you'll probably get a cheque in the post sometime around the autumn, whereas those people who've had to stay or chosen to stay with SP may well only get a credit applied to the bill they've run up with SP since November last year.

posted by Collino | 3 years ago

At present I am  in debit with SP for   £100+ and am now switching Provider! My EE credit was well in excess of this so it will be interesting to see what happens!!

posted by DebbieMIH | 3 years ago

It is well over six months now and I am still waiting for my refund from EE, I had and email message that came from SP saying that I would get my credit balance carried over from EE to SP when they took over my account and another few a good few months ago not from SP saying that they were still in the process of sorting this out. Has anyone else had the credit balance carried over as I was at least £150 - £200 in credit with EE and had anyone heard when we can expect the credits to be done? Thank you

posted by Raymond | 3 years ago
It's very apparent to me that Scottish Power don't give a **bleep** - they were handed a bunch of customers by OFGEM at the beginning of the winter heating season and just stuck them on a tarrif which suited them, rubbing their hands gleefully!
Consumers owed money - not their problem.
I was reluctant to move before getting a clear picture of what was happening and it took months for SP to produce their first bill and make Direct Debit arrangements. Immediate 20% increase in monthly payments needed in my case.
Now promised (on Watchdog) that my money will be returned to me via my account 'soon' at which point I'll immediately cancel my DD and move to a much more competitive supplier having researched the market in anticipation.

posted by madu | 3 years ago
I was in credit 512 pounds with EE before SP took over on november. Here is the answer i got when i switched new supplier cheaper than SP.

Action required
Make your final gas and electricity payment to avoid charges

You have not made your final gas and electricity payment of £371.12. It is very important that you pay or set up a payment arrangement now to avoid collection charges being added.

Anyone will pay to SP final bill in this circumstances? please advice