Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by rickyukguy | 2 weeks ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

i am still waiting for my credit too

thi nk we should all report Scottish Power to the ombusman

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

Hi Ricky, read this discussion, it is not SP's fault, they do not have the money, and they do not know the final balance of customers' EE accounts. 

posted by Tinkerbelle | 2 weeks ago

How do I make a claim the time taken to resolve this is rediculous  situation

\why dont SSE keeep us informed

How can people make excuses for SSE its our money

To Honour  is to  'Accept (a bill) or pay (a cheque) when due.' the money is now overdue 

@Tinkerbelle   Your energy supplier is Scottish Power, not Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE)  Read the comments above, SP does not have your money, it is held by the bankruptcy administrators of Extra Energy.

posted by Tinkerbelle | 2 weeks ago

A mistake on my part I thought they were all part of the same company

But that does not change the situation what are Scottishpower doing about our money which may be a credit

I have heard nothing official from SP

Are we responsible for getting our own money back or are they  ?

Highlighted

@Tinkerbelle  There is a lot of discussion in this thread about credit refunds, All you need do is wait and your credit will be eventually (August?) used as a credit to your SP bill. Final closing statements from EE are only now being sent out by the auditors. 

posted by Jonnel | 2 weeks ago

@Tinkerbelle When ExEn went bust two things happened -

1 - In order to protect themselves from any accusations of wrong-doing, the ExEn board appointed a solictor-led reciever to 'balance the books' of the firm and acount for all its money and assets, paying back those creditors (you) it could. These receivers have held on to your (and every other former ExEn customer's) money since November last year.

at the same time..

2 -In order to continue your supply (and because there is no money for a bankrupt energy firm to send boiler-suited men out to each customer to turn off their gas and electric) Ofgem arrange for ANY OTHER energy supplier to take on the customers of that defunct firm that wants to. Of those that said they could do it, Scottish Power offered Ofgem what they tought was the best bid, because it included a promise to 'honour' the credit balance ExEn owed you. So Ofgem gave your custom to Scottish Power.

Because there was such a long time for the administrators to get hold of your ExEn account information to pass on to Scottish Power, it has only just (May) become possible for Scottish Power to arrange to sort out accurate bills and therefore your credit balances, which you should get by end of August.

A spokesman from Scottish Power was on TV last week explaining how it was the ExEn/administrator link that caused this delay, and seeing as the administrators are a bunch of solicitors, I seriously doubt SP would have gone on TV and blamed them publicly if it wasn't true...

posted by purdywjohn | A week ago
Join the club I am in the same position. They just keep taking the money. Estimated readings with no evidence of usage they say I am £350 in debit despite not giving me the 300 credit from extra energy and increasing payments by 25%. They do not answer the phone after hours of trying what a shower. I am at a loss as what to do can anyone help.

posted by Jonnel | A week ago
@purdywjohn First of all you need to submit a current set of actual readings, then another set after a couple weeks - no longer than a month after - to establish a usage pattern and get control of your DD. Then you need to find out why Scottish Power have not been accepting the readings you've been submitting since November last year when they became your supplier. (If you haven't been submitting readings, then that's why your bills are estimated.)

If you have a record of your opening readings then so much the better - you have a track of your usage and can use it as a basis for a complaint.

Once your actual usage is under control you should find yourself able to claim a refund from what will probably be a healthy credit balance. For ExEn credits, see above.

posted by bri | A week ago

Has anyone had any success with contacting the PWC side of things and confirming either: a) what their actual credit balance is /was - and  b) if there's any chance of speeding things up a bit?

I'm now £260 in debit as of today and have started getting reminders and threats.  I can easily pay but I don't particuly want to.  I just want the EE credit used to pay off the balance so I can leave.

Reading their website - it's obvious that they had to retain some Extra Energy staff to help them bill accounts etc... It seems there was incentives on offer for recovering any monies owed (if I've read that correctly).

I'm guessing how it works - but if they've got a stack of Final Bills to work through - I'm wondering if they will try to recover costs from the people that owe money to EE in order to pay the customers that they owe money to?

In which case is it fair to assume that people with high credit balances are going to be further towards the back of the queue?

Also, what's the incentive for the retained EE staff to get this work done quickly?  The day they bill the last account is they day they lose their job isn't it?