Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by steveD | 4 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

I had a email yesterday saying I was £48 in debit so I owe £47 and I had to pay immediately. My last extra energy statement was on 01/11/2018 and paid in full leaving me £300 + in credit....so it seems my £300+ credit has magically changed to £47 debit meaning I’m around £400 out of pocket as in PWC’ or whatever they are callled are trying to rob me,!! I rang them up and they basically said there info says I owed £47 and that’s the end of it. I asked them to send my energy bills for the last 4 years and they refused . So thanks to Ofgem ( who I assume will be getting backhanders) it seems ScottishPower and the people appointed to sort extra energy ex customers refunds and debts out are both robbing me.....and you and you....and you.....and you...repeat 110,000 times

Highlighted

posted by Unhappy019 | 4 months ago

I complained previously (about a few things) and so far I don't have to pay any bills.

I made it clear to them that my ExEn account had over £100 in credit so therefore I refuse to pay them a penny as I'm not paying twice.

The complaint was resolved and I think the complaints manager understood this and so from what I gather did a workaround to stop me being billed. I think this was by putting the wrong bank account details and name onto my account so the system couldn't automatically set up a DD.

Now, this morning I had an automated email saying DD can't be set up and so my payment method has changed to cash quarterly. Well, I logged into my account and it says "Next bill date: April 2020"

So I think that was their way of stopping me being billed. They clearly can do it so if a customer is owed money from ExEn accounts they should be able to opt out of being forced to make payment until it's resolved.

posted by Jonnel | 4 months ago
@Unhappy019 Crikey!!! I don't envy you that bill when it finally comes in... 17 months worth !!! Phew...

posted by Unhappy019 | 4 months ago

I'm sure you would envy me when it comes to super low electric bills.

Since SP took over I've accumulated a debit balance of £48. SP knocked about £22 off as a goodwill gesture so that would have been £70 owed since November.... By that calculation, 17 months worth will be £170, not much more than my ExEn balance.

Super low usage as it's a 1 bedroom house with gas for heating and cooking.

posted by Jonnel | 4 months ago
@Unhappy019 There's no arguing with that logic. If you can run any place for £10/month for a year and a half, there's something there for us all to learn. I couldn't run a tent that cheaply.

posted by steveD | 4 months ago

Well that’s me started on my switch from the hell hole thieves that is ScottishPower, in the 6 month imprisonments with ScottishPower enforced my Ofgem, via big brownenvelopes no doubt. It has cost me more in energy than it has ever cost me in a year 25 years 

posted by StuartS | 4 months ago

Good news guys. I have received confirmation of my credit from SP today so looks like it's rolling out.

posted by Brazzerie | 4 months ago
Just got an email from the SS saying ".....You’ll see from your Extra Energy statement that you have a £545.07 credit balance due to you....", and ".....we’ve now applied this credit value to your ScottishPower account and this will be shown on your next bill from us...". Whoopee! It should have been £569.47, but I'll let them off. Good luck to everyone else.

posted by Nickyl1968 | 4 months ago
I changed supplier and was on the tariff set up, go through a u switch type website and do it! I am in the middle of a 'dispute' with SC (About various issues) and still also waiting on my credit from Extra Energy. I think we will be waiting some time yet...am sure they have the money and are no doubt collecting interest on OUR money!

I left them back in February and although I still owe them money was still able to switch supplier no problem. No direct debits were taken out of account until February 2019 eventhough my account was opened at the end of November 2018. Sound familiar anyone.

As for whoever posted that we should of not gone with a 'Small company' ie: EE I moved over as they offered a good tariff and why get a good energy deal.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@Nickyl1968   Hi, read all the comments above, SP have agreed to pay some of the EE credits out of their own pocket, that was how they were awarded the transfer, the rest of the funds will come from auditors of EE and/or Ofgem. Nobody is sitting on your money, they are waiting for EE closing statements. As for warning about small providers, it was probably me who said it, 8 of them have gone bust over the last year, so it is up to you which one you choose, you are probably safe with the better known names but there is always a slight risk. Just because it is on a price comparison site does not guarantee against bankruptcy. I would go for a small company in future, but only one of the well established and successful ones.