Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Nickyl1968 | 5 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
Davec,

I have read previous comments above and yes it seems certain people are receiving their money at last. I have switched providers for the last 15 odd years to always get a better deal. (I used to work for an energy company myself) I agree that these days it is a bit of a minefield as so many companies have come on board....it is best to check a companies financials it seems prior to switching. A shame that it has come to that....

BUT my main point was that Scottish Power are rubbish! Incompetent and rude staff to name a few!

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@Nickyl1968    I must agree with your comment, SP have handled it very badly,.

Re: Credit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
Does anyone know if I can request someone else to take over my complaint (Another customer service representative or manager) at Scottish Power?

I have raised my issues via Resolver and the women who is in contact with me tells me I can't. Another lie perhaps??

posted by Unhappy019 | 5 months ago

Can SP get way with this?

As part of a goodwill gesture when I complained about some things earlier this year, a complaints manager put me on SP's lowest price tariff and told me something like if I choose to switch then it's up to me.

I've had enough and after missing out on the warm home discount through this mess (Which support told me I should have contacted them in November or December to get applied, even though I didn't even have an account set up at that time), decided to just cut my losses, pay what I owe and switch.

Now support says if I do switch then I have to pay a £30 early exit fee. 

Hi Unhappy19,

It saddens me to hear so many others nightmare stories on here!

I managed to switch without exit fees but that was back in February 2019. When they switched you to a lower tariff did they advise you about any clauses of this tariff, ie in your case £30 exit fee. If not you should have been told. Does it say anywhere on your account or anything in writing confirming this? If not complain! Worth a try.

I too tried to get the warm home discount but gave up as they weasled their way out eventhough I sent proof that I had it with Extra Energy.

It's awful how they have been to all ExEn customers.

They didn't say anything about exit fees. They made out it was a goodwill gesture as part of compensation for my complaint.

I really could complain again but to tell you the truth, I can't be bothered. Crazy eh? They have worn me down so much I can't be bothered to complain to get free money.

It's a con. We are entitled to it.

I'm going to switch to bulb today. They pay exit fees plus I get £50 credit for joining and from what I read I could get this year's warm home discount as they open applications in autumn.

posted by Jonnel | 5 months ago

@Unhappy019 Just so as you know, before you get switched to Bulb and get all unhappy again.... Bulb only do one tariff and it's a VARIABLE RATE, so your unit cost (and probably your standing charge) can go up (or down - but let's face it, that's unlikely) right after you've signed up. Or later... or twice more....

Yes, it's cheaper now, but they're raised their price THREE times this year alone...

Highlighted

@Jonnel

Oh trust me, I couldn't be as unhappy as I have been with SP. I'm a low energy user, plus when factoring in the £50 signup bonus (+£25 extra bonus from using the persons referral link), then being able to apply for the warm home discount in Autumn (which I missed on on with SP).

Even with that variable rate.... Bulb: 19,055 trustpilot reviews, 91% Excellent. SP: 3137 trustpilot reviews, 95% Bad. That figure alone speaks volumes

posted by Jonnel | 5 months ago

@Unhappy019 I like someone who plans... good for you. I went with them for the customer service, not the cost. Scottish Power don't know what 'service' means. And they don't have customers, they have cash cows.

@Jonnel 

Very true. What I wonder is how SP is one of the big 6? Personally until this ExEn stuff I had never heard of them. Never seen any advert. When I had the email about them taking ExEn customers SSE came to mind (which I know is nothing to do with them).

Even the quoted review numbers on trustpilot are low for an energy company which is meant to be that big. Is beacuse of money they have in the bank rather than customer numbers?