Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Logbox | A week ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Well I have left now, the final bill has been paid (today) and I am owed somewhere in the region of£200 from my extra energy account, however as my surname begins with "S" I suppose I will near the end of the queue.

Otherwise WHERE IS MY MONEY?

posted by twodogs | A week ago

My surname begins with A, Left in Febuary heard nothing

posted by Logbox | A week ago

Bang goes that theory then lol. I will save over £200 a year by leaving SP so was not willing to wait and be moved onto their "best " tariff.

posted by steveD | A week ago

ok extra energy go bust 180000 customers ge forcibly adopted by ScottishPower,  so now we are trapped with no correspondence, for me at least, TIL I get a email telling me my energy are going to be £50 a month more than I was previously paying.

it’s 6 months after being abducted when they tell me this so now I owe ScottishPower about £900.also  I’ve been paying £50  more than I was for 8 months.  that’s £400 extra I’ve paid to ScottishPower . So say I was in credit with extra energy for £300 and I have paid ScottishPower £400 extra t0 what I would have paid that means I have paid myself my refund and £100 towards someone else’s.  Don’t try and tell people ScottishPower are doing us a favour because they aren’t . They will have made a lot of money out of this by the time it is all sorted, it’s no surprise it’s taken so long. 

ive swapped to a different energy supplier now whic is £45 per month, yes per month cheaper than I was paying with ScottishPower. 

ok case closed.

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | A week ago

Lots of people didn't switch away from SP as soon as they could have and like you, ended up paying far more than they should have.
But the fact you've just admitted you accept some of peoples' ExEn credit refunds have come from Scottish Power is a start. And the fact lots of other people know how business is cutthroat so it was always and only ever an SP business move to take on ExEn doesn't mean you should have known too. Some people just don't have the head for business, and that's okay. But you've switched now, and that's great.

It can be a long or short road to recovery, but you've made the first step. Just remember that low DD of yours is dependent on low usage. If you start to use more, it'll go up too.

posted by GreyArea | 7 days ago
Those who received money. Were/are you still SP customers?

I left in May and due to personal circumstances no longer have an energy account in my name. Have given refund payment details to SP for my £800 or so ExEn balance...not much confidence I'll ever see it...

posted by GreyArea | 7 days ago
Chased. They say I need to wait for final bill from ExEn and then a cheque will be sent out for any outstanding balance. They said it should take "about a month" for final ExEn bill.

We shall see.

posted by RonT | 6 days ago

Just for info:

I have just finished a 'web chat' with SP who assure me that my EE credit will be applied to my account in August. Thats promising however; I would have been mmore convinced if they could tell me how much!

So musn't grumble - it appears thins are moving albeit at galacial speeds - I have seen Ice Ages come and go quicker than this - only joking.

posted by KarenAzar | 6 days ago

Hi

I left SP in January and I am now with a great company similiar to EE very low prices. I paid off my final bill but decided to leave £20.00 credit on my account because I didn't want my account being closed down. I didn't know at that time that EE was going to refund my credit balance via a cheque. Anyway I have requested my £20.00 refund twice and it still hasn't arrived so I shall have to make another call. The minimum waiting time to get answered is 30 minute, I am just so pleased that I have left. My surname begins with A so I did hope my refund would have been issued by now, I keep reading that they are going to complete the refunds by early August. I am owed approximately £180. if anyone can tell e how to use their webchat facility that would be great.so I can chase it up

Thanks in advance