Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Mug73 | 2 years ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Hello all ex EE customers Mug73

i got in touch with SP yesterday on the on line chat and asked about when I should be getting my refund from EE, they assured me we would all receive our refunds by the end of August. Won't bore you with full on line chat but I did complain about how badly I and others have been treated after contacting SP and said I would escalate this complaint Gould it occur again.

i have registered a further complaint to Resolver which was dealt with but I've left the case open just in case I don't receive my refund has promised by end of August. We will all watch and wait after all we have ONLY-Been Waiting since last November!!!!!!  Good Luck to us all and keep updating!!

posted by Lindylou | 2 years ago

Hi all.  I too have had similar problems trying to access the refund due from Extra Energy for my 80 year old mum who doesnt have access online and is not able to use the phone.  I have tried on 3 separate occasions both on the phone and via the online chat and have met with obstruction each time.  Now I'm at the stage of going through Resolver but I'm frustrated at the time that this is taking to sort out and the attitude of the customer service representatives.  Poor service!

posted by MissJaneE | 2 years ago

I have not heard from Scottish power since Dec 2018...  Ive been checking on the website saying we are dealing with the change over.  I've just put my meter reading in & it's saying I owe nearly £900... I am a very low user & I know I would have been in credit with my gas & electricity. but it was showing my balance at £0 before I put my reading in... I am very upset at this... It's taken over 8 months to sort this out!!!

Had an email from SP today my final bill from EE has been sent to them, on viewing my final EE bill I am astonished to find I only have a credit of £32.32 from my EE account according to the administrator. I was always ahead for the winter and can recollect seeing my last online bill and I was in credit by a lot more than this.
But like many others I didn't download this bill has it was always their online in my account if I needed to view it, never realising EE was on the verge of collapse. I feel quite honestly that I've been robbed but have no way of proving this, not at this time if I'm staying or not I need to talk with someone at SP first before I decide. Good Luck to all still awaiting your refunds, hope you have paperwork to show your last EE bill and remaining credit for I get the impression your going to need it. Mug73

posted by DebbieMIH | 2 years ago

I have now had notification re my refund, when EE went under I was in credit with them for about £155 but the notification from SP says that I am only due a £38 credit, this means that even though I have been paying SP £10 more a month than I was paying EE I am still going to be in debt to SP. I have started a switch to another energy company and had my please stay phonecall from SP but told them that due to the fact that i have been paying them more than other energy comanies would have been charging plus my somewhat lighter than expected credit from EE the fact that I am still owing them money does nto in any way fill me with confidence about continuing to use their service..........

posted by twodogs | 2 years ago

I also spoke to SP through chat, Tuesday

Told me he could not see Credit on my E E account, Letters would be sent out at the begining of August,pointed out we are already in the 3rd week of August,replied you should have letter soon.I know I was in credit hundreds of pounds as E E doubled my monthly payments 3 mths before going bust.But I have no Proof.Did not  downloaded monthly bills.

posted by Jonnel | 2 years ago

@MissJaneE Even if your payments to Scottish Power haven't shown up on your online account or on your bills from them over the last 9 months, your own bank account records should be enough proof of the money you've paid them since November last.

It's possible your ExEn credit hasn't been applied yet but I suspect if your payments aren't showing up on any SP paperwork, the credit won't either, even if they have put it on. That all points to SP having messed up your usage account with your payment account. If you contact them and provide your proof of payment they should see their mistake and make every effort to match up your usage with what you've paid. It will be high, if you have't switched off the standard variable tariff you would have automaticaly been put on when SP took over, but at least they'll see what you've paid and credit you with that to correct your balance.

If you've got a record of the readings you've been submitting since last November, they'll also go a long way to helping sort out your correct balance too.

posted by Jonnel | 2 years ago

@Mug73 Sounds like you've been stiffed. You could always slap them with a Subject Access Request under GDPR2018 and ask them to show you how they've arrived at that low credit figure. I'm certain they have to disclose the info they have on your ExEn account by law, so it might bring something to light.

The Information Comissioner's Office website has advice on how to submit a SAR.

Mug73 Hi Jonnel I've sent a message through the SP chat line last night and asked for my EE bills from September when I changed my account to to save me money, SP says I would have to ask EE to send them to me. So I've got a number and I'm going to call them to see what they say, I was in credit by around £500 so I want answers has to why I've only recieved a paltry amount refund. SP sent the last bill from the administrators online but I need to look at it further I only received it late yesterday. But I will still call EE this afternoon. Good Luck to you all,I fear your going to need it.

posted by Mikesears1 | 2 years ago

Hello I am in the same position as others, EE closed their website before I was able to download my final bill which was over £200 in credit, SP have made the same promises to me and every date has been passed without payment. I contacted Ofgem after all it is their fault that we are with SP and they just dismissed my complaint and said I had to contact SP.

Waiting  for so long is unnaceptable and  no one seems interested SP seem to be above the law