Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

posted by PGM | 8 months ago

I have had no communication written or otherwise from Scottish Power other than wanting my bank details so they can take money from my account. I was several hundered pounds in credit with extra energy before they went into receivership, I was informed my money would be transfered to Scottish Power but this would appear not ot havew happened yet. Does anyone know what is happening re this?

Thanks

300 comments

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/extra-energy

This is the link explaining the change from EE to SP. 

posted by mellgwin | 8 months ago

I too have the same situation. Several hundred pounds in credit with extra energy. No credit or refund yet. When will this happen?

posted by markruth | 8 months ago

I also have had not had a refund of the credit from Extra and nothing other than the original email link posted above. Not encouraging from a customer relations viewpoint. 

posted by Essen | 8 months ago

Not only has the refund not been made, but there is no mention of it on the statement.

Who has the money?

posted by Renat | 8 months ago

I have just had an on-line chat to Scottish Power which was very satisfactory.  Mind you, I found it a bit difficult to find the link to the chat line.  Also does anyone know where the log-off icon can be found?

posted by Renat | 8 months ago
Well, I rang Extra Energy after and after a long long wait I managed to speak to someone who said that they were experiencing difficulty with their system which was malfunctioning. I left my query with them and hopefully my comments were noted for action. Today I managed to find the "chat on line" link to Scottish Power and the operator was most polite and confirmed that Extra Energy was having problems transferring the necessary information. I concur though that there seemed to be no trouble in transferring my account details to Scottish Power ensure a DD is set up quickly enough, so I naturally wondered why the credit figure could not have been transferred as efficiently.

posted by trebor | 8 months ago

it amazes me the  the lack of information from extra energy that has beeen  frozen.from a customer that followed all the rules ,paid thier bills( well in credit) cannnot access thier old a/c with extra energy now very concerned about the possabilty of a loss of money during the higher bills months, is this the modern way to treat people on a  fixed income not a good advert all round.       on the road to total distrust for genuine people

posted by Tilerylane07 | 8 months ago
Re: Credit not yet refunded

Don't believe a word they say.

I made a complaint early January, then  I was told I would receive my refund of £82.00 within 12 days. Then I received a phone call last Monday 18th of February  saying they were sorry but the payment was now £41.00 NO EXPLAINATION and it was sent on the 28th of January and by way of an apology they would send me another £25.00 and my complaint was no closed. I have not received anything so I now have to open another complaint. I have noted all the many phone calls and emails, which I am forwarding on to the TV show Watchdog. It appears they just don't pay anyone back.  

posted by PGM | 8 months ago

Amazing isn't it they can retrieve all my personal details form the extra energy account system in order to set up my account with them but mysteriously cannot retrieve the amount I am in credit.

I have been promised a welcome pack twice  from Scottish Power which I have never received. The only communication from Scottish Power has been an email asking for my bank details.

Despite numerous phone calls to them I get the stock answer that my credit is in the hands of the omsbudsman there is nothing they can do.

If I now switch to a new provider how do I eventually, if ever, recover my money from Extra Energy?