Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Keytey | 6 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

I too have  a credit balance with Extra Energy. The advice posted on the Scottish Power web site contradicts the advice provided by Extra Energy's administrators when I rang to enquire when my account would be finalised. Extra Energy told me that they would send a credit payment to me directly and yet the SP web site says that any credit balance would be reflected in the starting balance - which is it? To date no credit has materialised from Extra Energy and I don't believe a word anyone says anymore - no one is owning this process and dealing with it. I've been asked to provide bank details by Scottish Power to pay an amount and declined, cancelling my direct debit mandate and then Scottish Power kindly debited a sum anyway - nice one. I've since had this reversed. 

I have given up even trying to call Scottish Power and so have decided not to pay a penny until such time as I receive a complete statement of account showing the credit when the account was inherited from Extra Energy and accurate meter readings that I've submitted. Having set up an on line account and entering several meter readings at different dates these have now all been wiped from my on line account - thanks Scottish Power. I've been promised a welcome pack so many times I think it doesn't exist and thoroughly exasperated by the whole process. Please can Scottish Power straighten my account up and at least do something it promises to do - mightily unimpressed. Can Scottish Power call me to discuss please? Thank you. 

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hi Keytey. It’s a sorry tale, I think EE credits are passed on by SP as a credit on your new SP account. Regarding a request for a message from SP you have to tell them directly, we are all customers on the Community. 

posted by JoanneA52 | 6 months ago
I too am owed £200 from EE I am astounded how long this process is taking I have a final bill sent by EE a week before takeover but obviously SP won't look at this ... SP have continued to claim their DD from us but no one has sent any final bills no welcome pack and an online account that says try later your account is being set up although I received an email a week ago from SP saying everything had been trfd over .... WHAT IS GOING ON ??????????????

posted by Hobbitman | 6 months ago

Dated - 20-03-19 As an former Extra Energy customer, I received a mail from Scottish Power that my first bill was ready to view. However,  on the 11-03 I received a mail telling me that my account on the SP site was now complete and I would be receiving  another mail notifying me of my temporary Password. This PWD mail was never sent. I was also notified on the 30-01 that I would be paying monthly by Direct Debit but no deduction was taken. JOKE!!!

The first bill says nothing about the Credit amount that I had with EE or the 2 * £95 paid in October and November. There is nothing whatsoever about the transfer of any costs or refunds when the EE transfer was finalised. This is ridiculous.

I am now looking at a £600 bill and no explanation. I am not putting up with this mickey mouse company any longer and can't wait to leave.

posted by sheetal | 6 months ago
Looking through the posts on here, it looks like I’m not the only one with issues! After spending hours on the phone since Jan, and no one answering or cutting me off, I’ve managed to submit a complaint with SP. they are the most unhelpful! Kee repeatinf that extra energy uundercharged their customers. I finally received a bill from Nov to Mar, and my monthly figure has doubled to close to £200 a month! For 2 adults! There’s no mention of the credit from extra energy. Customer service is non existent at SP. I didn’t choose to be moved to SP and be charged so much for my energy.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Hi I know it’s a bad situation but if you have not paid anything since November you should not complain about paying off your debt at £200 a month.

posted by dianered | 6 months ago

The truth of the matter is EE were over charging us - not under charging us as implied - so they could prop up what was a failing business.  Then you couldnt get through to them to ask why they had upped your DD with no apparent increase in costs or use of electricity.  Hence the reason so many of us were owed large amounts of money.  So its looking increasingly likely, in my opinion, that we will end up receiving nothing back from these people.  We have been royally stitched up all round!!! Where do we go from here?  In limbo waiting for someone to give us a final bill from EE.......so much for switching suppliers for a better deal, buyer beware that in future you dont go to some smaller outfit who are likely to go under.  I am still mainting that someone on this 'community' page, works for SP!!!!

posted by sheetal | 6 months ago
davc You seem to be refusing to accept that there is an Issue with the way that extra energy customers are being treated. SP put me on a tariff that is clearly overpriced. My monthly payment used to be £107 a month. On their tariff it’s £200. I didn’t choose to be on this tariff. I tried to speak to SP, but they do not answer the phone and hang up. On average, I’m on hold for over 2hours before they disconnect me. It also looked increasingly unlikely that I will not get the credit I had on my extra energy account. And also, I did make payment of £107 a month to SP for the months from Nov. And with 2 adults in our home, both of us of being at work all day it is unbelievable that the monthly payment is £200! Using my annual usage from last year, quotes from other providers put me at £100-£120 a month, so I am switching. The deemed tariff by SP is clearly overpriced! And all SP keep repeating is that extra energy under billed its customers.

posted by Jonnel | 6 months ago

@dianered I've been reading about the ExtraEnergy customer takeup on here with increasing horror, thinking more and more what you guys must be going through and more and more how come Scottish Power's bid assurances to Ofgem seem to have been completely ignored. I admit to being amazed at how Ofgem could have allowed this situation to continue, seeing as SP assured Ofgem ExEn customer credit balances would be honoured, but wasn't aware ExEn had been over-charging its customers. If SP assured Ofgem customer credit balances would be 'honoured' doesn't that mean no refunds would be issued, but a credit would be applied to existing ExEn customers' new SP accounts? Doesn't that mean no money would change hands there? But ex-ExEn customers who had left ExEn prior to its collapse, yet still had credit balances waiting... they WOULD get a refund? Money there.

Begs the question, if ExEn had been over-charging customers and that only came to light after SP's bid was accepted, SP might well have grounds for being granted leeway on the size of credits it applied to those new accounts. And I suppose the ExEn administrators would be having a hard time locating any money to refund to those ex-ExEn customers due it.

Did you get anywhere with Ofgem over SP's honouring its bid assurances in that SOLR decision I sent you the link to?

posted by johnbhoy | 6 months ago

Hi Guys,

Understand all the  anger at this debacle but I think I read in an article earlier that Ofgem will pay any credit you have with Extra Energy similar to the guarantee that banks give to the first £85,000 of your account if the bank goes bust

Below was the paragraph

"Once the regulator has appointed the new supplier, you will be contacted to explain how this will work. Ofgem says you should take a meter reading and a note of your balance, and wait for the new supplier to get in touch.

If you've switched or you're in the process of switching away from Extra Energy, any remaining credit is protected under Ofgem's safety net."

Having said that it is poor that SP are taking so long to at least get our accounts up and running.

Hope this is still the case as regards any credit