Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Jackiow | 6 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Hiya Dave , you might be correct about not being part of Scottish Power - but according to the joining  email we all received last November we are ' This is part of what I received 

We contacted you recently to let you know that your energy supplier, Extra Energy, ceased trading and that Ofgem appointed us to take over your energy account on 25th November 2018. We're delighted to have you with us and we're working hard to make this transfer as smooth as possible for you.

Plus with no Joining Pack being received even after 3  promises  that it was being sent , they are locking me into an account I dont want, After 5 months I am going to seek legal advise - this is such a con 

posted by Bigalz | 6 months ago

I am in same position, owed several hundred pounds by Extra Energy, I managed to set up account with SP and have been paying £126 per month compared to £85 with Extra Energy.  I have complained to Scottish Powerabout this unacceptable delay in sorting out the credit transfer. Having got nowhere with this complaint I have escalated it to the Ombudsman this week and although SP disputed the complaint  the Ombudsman has accepted it and it is proceeding. 

posted by StuartS | 6 months ago

Four and a half months in and have been trying to get SP to take payment. The direct debit is set up but they have failed to take any payments other than one in January. Now told me I am going onto quarterly billing. WTF!!!!

Managed to speak to an advisor in birmingham who says he has now set the direct debit up again.

Not holding my breath.

Totally shambolic from start t finish. Come on SP, we expect better.

posted by sheetal | 6 months ago
I only received my welcome pack a couple of weeks ago. Until I received full information on my SP tariff, I was locked in a tariff that was twice as expensive as my extra energy tariff. As soon as I received the tariff details, I switched to BG, which was more in line with my EE tariff. SP offered £25 compensation as “it’s not their fault that I have to wait over 2 hours on the phone before I give up, it’s not their fault that they did not send me my tariff details until end of March, and EE was under billing me so I should expect to pay more (even though my new BG tariff is similar to my EE tariff)”
Clearly there are a lot of unhappy customers, but it doesn’t seem that there is a lot we can do about it. My welcome pack says that EE have worked out how much I owe them, even though my account was in credit.

posted by sb1990 | 6 months ago
Shocking service

The first i knew about the switch was a letter on my doorstep requesting £441 for just over 2 months electricity...for a 2 bedroom flat! Then a second letter 2 weeks later threatening baliffs. I have phoned numerous times and cannot get through. Finally managed to log a complaint only to be told i have to pay the £441 and will have an ongoing tariff of £126pm!!! which im told by the very unhelpfull complaints team, is the cheapest tariff going, untrue. No mention of my EE credit.

The complaints team were no help whatsoever and just suggested a payment scheme!!!!!!

I have never signed up to their services so will not sure how they can charge me at all?????

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hello sb. Your account will be much more clear if you input up to date readings, the ones that gave you a high bill are probably estimates. Check your online SP account to see how much you owe and whether the readings were estimated. These days meter readers do not call and we are all expected to send in readings and check our bills for accuracy. Good Luck.

posted by KevinT2 | 6 months ago

I was switched to SP from EE and have never recieved a "Welcome Pack" despite many promises. I went on line and selected my own tariff and submitted meter readings at the same time. Had a call 10 days later whent the advisor went through his welcome spiel. Tried to advise my to go on a tariff that would have had exit fees! I delined and then he asked for meter readings told him I had already submitted them as requested by thier  E Mail. he then said goodbye. Never heard from them since. Still waiting for my credit from EE but they only seem to be chasing debts! Spoke to an EE agent but she was so defensive and would not give me any accurate info or confirm my credit. I asked why I could not view my account on line but couldn`t give me a answer. Surely as a ex customer you should be able to view your account status upto the time they ceased trading. I normally down load all my online statements on the 1st of each month but misssed out on the last one. Lrsson learned. Good luck all with this very expensive company.

posted by Reenie | 6 months ago

I also don’t have my refund and wasn’t even made aware there would be a wait for this, now moving home so completed online form and it says I owe money currently been on hold half an hour to discuss this, are they always this bad?.... 

ill transfer once I have my money

posted by Callaghan | 6 months ago

I  can only add us to this long list of `customers' who have not recieved any credit due from EE, have experienced the appalling SP customer service after an unacceptable wait on the phone, have been threatened by SP with baliffs despite setting up direct debits and SP not collecting and finally being unable to switch because SP blocked it. Next stop Ombudsman and I urge all those reading this with any or all of the issues to do the same, as individuals SP are giving us the finger, as a group the Ombudsman has to listen and act..........

Highlighted

posted by dianered | 6 months ago

Can someone help me with how to go about getting in touch with the Ombudseman and what process you have to go through.  Like someone else on here I do not have up to date information as I relied on being able to access my account on line with Extra Energy.  I have some meter readings but not the very last ones.  I know I am owed in the region of £400.00.  This whole thing is a shambles.  I think its a disgrace that so many of us are owed so much money and are getting no help at all.  We have tried several times to ring SP and just cant get through, even after waiting over an hour.   ('Dave' please do not respond to this message).  Anyone else who can give constructive help re contacting the ombudseman and how to do this would be greatly appreciated.