Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by rab | 7 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Well I don't believe I'm ever going to get a refund of my credit from extra energy administrators. Been with Scottish power for more than a year now and they still say they are waiting for my final bill from extra energy. I was £212 in credit with my last extra energy bill which was just a fortnight before they went bust and Scottish Power took over. i live in hope.

Highlighted

posted by Potter | 7 months ago
Rab keep pushing Scottish Power we thought the same but with the help of @DaveC & @Jasper advise we got our credit back in December 2019 yes a year later but better to get it then not. But you do have to go through Omundman then Scottish Power takes notice & reacts as they dont want a case against them. Hope you find this useful.
Thank you both @DaveC & @Jasper without your help & advice we got our credit back so a very big THANK YOU
Highlighted

posted by JFR | 7 months ago
Now 1 year after Extra Energy went bust and still no refund......its ridiculous. Anyone taking any additional steps or advice as to how to recover the money??
Highlighted

posted by billfromchez | 7 months ago

Hi,

Am going through the Ombudsman, decision due 1.3.20. SP say they will chase up the EE credit and send a cheque. Same as August, September etc. They have offered a £50 'credit' (to what I wonder, I left them months ago) for setting debt collectors on me when I was given to believe that their final bill would be deferred until the EE credit had been paid. Oh, and a written apology for 'lack of customer service'.

I rejected their offer and await the Ombudsman decision.

Never give up.

Highlighted

posted by postman2 | 6 months ago

well coming to end on january  will s p keep there promise to repay all the credit owed by the end of the month       ???

Highlighted

posted by postman2 | 6 months ago
great news had extra energy credit received this morning over £ 300 at last
Highlighted

posted by rab | 6 months ago

Well that's another month in and I still have no word of Scottish Power receiving my rebate from the Administrators of extra energy. I sent them a written letter and had no written reply. They have recorded a photo copy of  it in (my messages) in my online account. I tried to open a new complaint with the ombusman but they said I would need to complain about Scottish Power rather than Extra Energy as they had no authority over that. So it's now a year and two months since they took over from extra energy and inspite of the most recent statement that they expected all customers would get their refunds by the end of January this year, it still hasn't happened. I am now only glad that I got a £100 compensation and an apology from Scottish power via my ombudsman complain I made, but that was for all the mess they made of sorting out my new online account with them and to be honest it was wearing me down trying to get through to them on these live chat things and getting promised help but ending up with more consfusing wrong bills etc.  In the end I decided my time was being wasted with the whole affair and when I think back I should really have gone to my MP about the whole thing.  Looking back it makes me think that I should never have gone paperless as the bills they produced were complete nonesense to try and read. They were I think designed to look as if I had had huge amounts of gas and electricity charges completely ignored and therefore had been well compensated for any mistakes made in their billing system when infact it was not the case.  I'm sure that anyone with o level arithmetic like myself could look at everything I have burned from their take over until the present readings and verify that I have only been compensated That £100 which the Ombudsman forced them into. But I recon I am still due about  £184 from the amount I had in credit with Extra energy and as I say,  "Still no sign of it being returned" I'm only sorry now that all the time I waisted on this service could have been better spent in explaining to our politicians that energy companies were all trying to confuse the general public all the time into spending far more than they need to spend for their gas and electricity charges with so many different tarrifs some of which were being sold to them as great deals when they were infact hugely over priced. 

Oh well it's a long one but believe me it's only a wisp of the time I wasted all last year on live chat getting nowhere. I feel sorry for some of the people who had to deal with it because they did try their best to help but there was no real follow up.

Highlighted

posted by wootty | 6 months ago

Your not alone here.

Been waiting since end November 2018 for my credit and still not received.

Even had a statement from Extra Energy with amount of credit.

Scottish Power keep sending me varying balance amounts due to opening readings.

Been thru Resolver AND the Ombusdman....Nothing sorted.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@wootty @rab   Very poor of SP.  If SP have given you an opening meter reading it must be the same as the EE closing reading, so there cannot be a dispute about the closing balance on your EE account, which should have been passed onto you by now.

Highlighted

posted by wootty | 6 months ago

Yes i know its getting absurd now.

I was only with Scottish Power for 2 months and switched provider Feb 2019.

They wanted over £500 for 2 months gas and electricity which i have been contesting for well over a year.

They CANNOT get these meter readings correct at all.

That also failed to take any direct debit payments as they said they were all screwed up at that time(theyre words).

Ive paid £250 off the balance and EE owe me £150 in credit and Scottish Power are still wanting a bill of £270.

"ITS A TOTAL FARCE.....IT REALLY IS"