Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Jonnel | 4 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
@DebbieMIH Scottish Power never promised refunds, they said they would 'honour' credit balances. In reality, this probably means those who stay with SP will get a credit against their ongoing SP bills and only those who've since left SP will get a cheque for what they're owed by ExEn.

If you've been paying SP regularly since they took over your supply last Nov and have less owing to them than you're owed by ExEn you might get some cash back or might see your SP balance go up a bit. This is dependent on the Final ExEn bills they started sending out last month. According to an SP spokesman on BBC Watchdog this week, you should get your final ExEn bill by end of this August and you will be able to accept it (if it shows the credit you believe you have) or dispute it, if it's an estimated one you believe is wrong. There are some former ExEn customers who still owe as well as people like you who are in credit.

The spokesman implied only after each persons final bill has been squared off will that person get their cash or credit.

I hope your surname begins with an 'A'...

@madu If you think your final SP bill is wrong you should dispute it. Is it based on actual readings or estimates? If it's correct you'll have to pay it so you can complete your switch.

The best thing about switching away from SP is that when your ExEn credit comes back it'll come as a lump sum cheque, not as a credit off a bill.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

I took the time to see Watchdog on iPlayer, Andrew Ward of SP explained the situation (and did not agree to make any goodwill settlements to complainers, in spite of reports on this forum). The SP accounts were created in November as clean accounts with no credits or debits on them. Any debts have to be paid to EE administrators, any credits will be funded by Ofgem and used by SP as credits to the new SP accounts. Meanwhile customers are responsible for paying SP for the power they have used between November and today. 

It was said on the program that the paperwork should be finished by August, but I am wondering which will come first, the EE credits or Brexit? It will be a close-run race.

posted by twodogs | 4 months ago

I have since left Scottish power,does this mean I lose my hundreds of pounds credit I had with extra energy?

Two dogs you have not lost your credit, read the rest of this discussion.

posted by Unhappy019 | 4 months ago

There has been a goodwill payment as such Davc.

Well, I was unhappy at the useless email support. Earlier this year with my account still not set up I contacted email support and explained it all to them. They asked for my account number. I clarified I didn't have it as account not set up and they asked for my address and full name. After providing it to them they said they can't find me on the system and so can they have my account number.

After several back and forth emails with them (including them refusing to log it as a complaint) and their last email telling me their colleague asked for my name and address, but as I haven't given them it, they need my account number, I put in a complaint with the complaints department.

The outcome was them setting my account up right away, putting me on their lowest tariff (backdated to the date SP were selected as my energy supplier, so I've never been on that 'deemed' rate) and the gesture of goodwill was to zero my balance owed to them which at that point was about £30.

So now the paperwork should be finished by August? Well, why hasn't this been sent to all former ExEn customers in an email? Oh yeah, because SP are useless and don't care about their customers. 

Unhappy, my comment was that no EE credits have been paid by SP because of goodwill. It is quite common for small payments to be made to compensate for all sorts of problems.

posted by Marydoll | 4 months ago
I an owed £256 pounds from extra energy but that didn't stop Scottish asking me for 153 pounds today for a bill tried to explain didnt sink in to the customer service person so I've told them I would pay it back in small amounts and I'm already paying duel fuel to them and British gas
R

@Marydoll Your £256 is currently being held by the trustee of the ExEn bankruptcy administrators and you're on track to get that back before the end of this August. Anything SP charge you will be for fuel you've used since you've been with them - since last November.

Thing is, if you don't pay your SP energy bill, they'll more than likely take it out of your £256.

posted by Brassoboy | 4 months ago
Don't hold your breathe - I was advised back in April by the EE administrators Price Waterhouse Coopers that it would all be resolved by end May qnd we would receive any credits due via SP… were now in June and the posts I read here now say resolution end August!! Best to arrange an anniversary party me thinks as it could easily be end November at this rate!!