Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

You have been transferred to SP to avoid having your gas and electricity cut off. The liquidators of EE now have to decide how much money remains and who should receive it. Normally customers would get their credit back, but not if all the money has gone, which is what a bankruptcy actually means. There is a queue for the money, suppliers, employees, bank creditors, VAT and government taxes, so you can imagine it is complicated, but don’t worry you will probably get your credit refunded.  Be grateful that Ofgem has provided the safety net of not losing power. 

posted by Renat | 9 months ago
Re: Credit not yet refunded
I’m sure everyone would appreciate if reference was made on the SP statement of outstanding credit held on account until Extra Energy problems resolved. I would like to see exactly how much gas and fuel has been used since my last EE Bill.

I understand the annoying delay. If you want to see how much you have used with SP look at the last EE bill and read your meters today, the difference gives your consumption and you can calculate the cost.

PS to all ex EE customers who want to calculate their bills, electric  if you use 18p/kWh and 20p a day standing charge you will be roughly right. Gas needs a conversion from cubic meters to kWh, multiply  by 11, and the gas cost is about 4p/kWh, add the 20p a day also. The exact costs will be on your SP bills when you get them but these numbers are good enough for budgeting purposes. For many typical properties you can expect a bill of about £500 from November to March. 

posted by Renat | 9 months ago

I have never joined a community chat like this before so not sure if I am doing all the right things.  Must say, the comments are all very helpful.  I will now try to sort out how much gas and electricity Ihave used since my last EE bill using the advice given by Davc. 

posted by BennyTheBall | 9 months ago

Be warned about working out you new bill.

A week ago, I entered meter readings in, and it returned a bill of about £450ish.

When I put them in on the 24th, the bill had gone up to £895!!

When I added them a day later (8 Units day, 6 units night and 2 units gas, Economy 7) my bill had gone up £426 in 24 hours!

Whenever I try to phone, they are too busy and disconnect the call.

It is getting really silly now.

Bill Did you read this on the App? Because it is not reliable. Check the real invoice in your online account.

posted by BennyTheBall | 9 months ago
I do not have a 'proper' account yet, I am an ex-Extra Energy user. And Scottish Power do not have a clue what is going on. These readings were entered online.

posted by mwrepton | 9 months ago

I am utterly dissapointed in Scottish Power.

1. No communication received on when my first payment will be taken.

2. No information on when my credit balance will be refunded.

3. Have not been given a choice if I even want to be with Scottish Power.

As someone who is unemployed every penny counts and as I not paid anything since around November this is really worrying as I am still using gas and electricity and will not be able to afford to pay a lump sum when the bills are actually created.

I have noticed that someone has commented on us being lucky that we still have gas and electricity, it may be lucky for those that can afford to pay off a bill in one go but I would have rather had everything stopped and had the opportunity to sign upto another provider as Scottish Power have not been of any help what so ever.

This is causing me such anxiety it is just ridiculous.

posted by dianered | 8 months ago

Its all very well saying we should be glad to have an energy provider instead of being cut off - what a load of crap!!!  We have all be duped royally.  I for one am not going to sit back and let £470.00 of hard earned cash go down the pan without a fight.  I am not blaming Scottish Power, the blame lies at the door of Extra Energy and whoever is in charge of refunding what we are owed.  We were promised that this money would be refunded and added to our accounts but I fear that is not going to happen.  I suggest people get in touch with whichever MP is responsible for Energy (which at this moment in time I dont know but intend to find out) and start putting together our complaints.  We may not get anywhere but I for one am going to do my damndest to find out what we ought to do next.  Ofgem?  We have all been encouraged to find cheaper energy suppliers, but no one warns you about the danger of picking a chaper one who is about to go bust.  Extra Energy were taking more money from us than they should have, and were uncontactable to rectify this.  Hence the reason we are all owed money.  They were clearly trying to shore up the massive hole in their company by using our money.  And the fact that they didnt inform us they were about to go into administration and then deleted our accounts so we had no way of copying bills and information that we now require to prove our point, and that they are indicating they no longer have this information, is down right robbery.  How many of us wish we had taken hard copies of our bills?  When they are on line you expecct to be able to access them dont you?  Wrong!!!!  I am uring all of you not to sit back and let this happen without a fight.  Its a downright disgrace by Extra Energy and their so called Aministrators.  Does anyone even know who their Administrators are?  So please - dont tell me we are lucky to have an energy supply.  Ridiculous in the extreme!!!  This is the 21st Century in a so called modern country.