Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Morefrustrated | 4 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Thanks for your info. Encouraging, I hope! My surname begions with G, but I have heard nothing so far. I have tried to see the funny side of the situation without success. Patience is required .

posted by GreyArea | 4 months ago
Well... Email received, but a couple problems.

First, it (apparently) came from Extra Energy rather than SP,.

Second... It says my credit of. Nearly £500 has been wiped out and I owe them about the same

By their calculations I used more energy in 15 days up to their failure than the six months since.

Chasing Wirth PWC

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@GreyArea   I hope you find out it was a mistake, very disappointing.. The transfer date was 25th November 2018, and your last EE bill may have been based an estimated reading some time before that date, but hopefully PWC have made an error.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@GreyArea   I should have said, if you owe money to EE the statement will come from EE not SP. If you have a credit with EE it will be refunded to your SP account unless you have left SP in which case it will be credited by BACS or a cheque sent.

PWC have spent a long time chasing EE debts begore they were able to release any EE credits, any EE debt is to be paid to EE not SP.   Throughout this long process the EE and SP accounts have been treated as separate. Only when a credit is finally agreed on the EE account would it be repaid by SP according to the rules set up by the OFGEM safety net,  The financing of repaying the credit is in part by  any funds left at EE (unlikely), then partly by SP under the terms of their agreement with Ofgem, and mainly by Ofgem who levy the rest of the energy industry to repay the credit. 

posted by Beachblonde24 | 4 months ago

I am also waiting for a credit refund from Extra Energy.... they were too quick to come to me to say that there was a small amount outstanding from way back when I first went with them, which of course I paid straight away,  but 8 months on we are still all waiting for our credit refunds.... typical!

posted by Beachblonde24 | 4 months ago
I too am still waiting for my refund from EE since last November, when my account just disappeared over night on line.... Not seen any light coming from any tunnel or anywhere else for that matter! We can only hope that our patience pays off.

posted by Karene | 4 months ago

I left Scottish Power as soon as I could as I was not perpared to pay their prices for electricity, I have been with Bulb since Feb, my final bill from Scottish power was 3/4 of all of last years, I still await  communication from Scottish power, I cant see me getting a refund by the end of August this year.

posted by Logbox | 4 months ago
Today I have received a e mail from the great Scottish Power God, it informs me that I am the luckiest person in the world in that my extra energy bill has been finalised and that I have the grand sum of, wait for it, £66.29. I know that at the time of extra energy collapse I had just over £200 so that figure could be right. But why can't we check ourselves? Why were all the accounts frozen?

Anyway, I left SP a month ago so now have wait another 28 days for my cheque.

posted by Unhappy019 | 4 months ago

The figure for me is wrong as well. I just looged in and checked balance thinking "Not a chance of it being there but let's see".... and.... £88.66 credited.

That's not the amount at all because I checked my balance a few days before the collapse as my monthly direct debit went out around then. I was £122 in credit. 

There's no way I could have lost nearly £40 in the month they went out of business and SP took over? My bills were only ever around £10-£15 a month

posted by anne15 | 4 months ago

I would like a final bill for extra energy since Scottish Power have now got my balance I would like a final bill showing how it was worked out