Did you mean: 

posted by Michelotti | A month ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Yes but the remedy is the same which ever company owes the money

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi all BBC moneybox posted a big article about EE bankruptcy today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-your-money-49599007

A terrible mess for all concerned, but no mention of SP who were not involved at all in the auditors follow up. In fact SP only act like the Postman handing out credits when they are available. 

Just listened to Moneybox Radio4 programme, they said 14,000 EE accounts have not yet been settled (out of 120, 000). That is an awful lot and we can expect a lot more people writing to this Community, but remember it is out of SP's hands, they only pay out the credits when notified, and of course run the new SP accounts in the normal way.  Any EE debts are collected by PwC the EE auditors.

posted by duncanbr | A month ago

Spoke to Extra Energy today about our outstanding credit. They say that PwC, the auditors, have yet to release the files and no refund can be processed until they do so. They do not know when this will happen.  I have phoned regularly about this and been  told so many different stories - that we would be repaid in March, that we have been repaid already (nonsense), that we would be repaid in June and then August. No mention until today that PwC have refused to repay. When you talk to the helpline (0845-368-5452) despite what it says on the recording, apparently you must press option 3 to get through to Extra Energy. Total disorder and blatant mistruths.

@duncanbr. Pwc still have 14000 accounts to finalise. They have not refused to give your data, you are in a queue. Sorry there is no way to speed this process up.

posted by hst43125 | A month ago
So why all the misleading phone calls from SP , telling me ive been credited , then not credited , even quoting cheque numbers . Nobody from SP can just give you a straight answer ,every very phone call ,email from them is different . But the fact remains I still have a final bill from them showing a credit for £250 . I doubt I will ever see it . Shame on you .

posted by duncanbr | A month ago

To be clear, the lady from Extra Energy on Option 3 (see above) stated that PwC will refuse to repay any further credits until all the remaining debts are collected. So even if we are close to the top of this 14000 queue, if what she says is correct, then it's unlikely we'll see any money for a long while. She advised me  to complain to OfGem

@duncanbr   Thanks for that new information it will be useful to others in your situation. Hope you get your refund soon. 

posted by twodogs | A month ago

Dear   Mr Terence Amies,

We’re pleased to let you know that your final statement from Extra Energy is now ready and we’re making it available to you on their behalf. You can view it in your ScottishPower online account at My messages. You still have access to your online account even if you have left ScottishPower and it’s easy to reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.

When we took over your energy supply from Extra Energy on 25th November 2018, we promised any remaining credit from your Extra Energy account would be added to your ScottishPower account. For any customers that had already left Extra Energy prior to this date or decided to leave after they had transferred to ScottishPower, we committed to issue a cheque or refund directly to their bank for any credit amount that is due.

You’ll see from your Extra Energy statement that you have a £291.31 credit balance due to you. If you’re still with ScottishPower, or have recently left us and we’ve not issued you with your final ScottishPower bill yet, we’ve now applied this credit value to your ScottishPower account and this will be shown on your next bill from us.

If you’re not currently a customer of ScottishPower, we’ll send your credit balance within the next 28 days.

posted by stevey | 4 weeks ago

Last post from me.

Finally got my credit back as a cheque from SP although had to complain through Resolver twice and got monetary compensation.

Stick with it and good luck to all past EE customers.

Now off to bank this cheque !