Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by dianered | 8 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
Rubbish!!!! There might be a queue - but at the end of the day they have our money and we should be assured by Extra Energy Administrators (whoever they might be) that we will receive this money back. Your correct in one thing, we are little fish in a long line of creditors, so probably have little hope of seeing this money. Some people will really be struggling to find funds to make up for that short fall. Grateful!!!!!!???? You have to be joking. I am not blaming Scottish Power - the fault is with Extra Energy and their administrators for not even bothering to have the good grace to tell us what is going on? You must have plenty of money or weren't in credit, so for you this is not a big deal. For some people its massive.

posted by misspea | 8 months ago

I've spoken to SP 3 times. Twice they said the money would be refunded "by the end of next week". The most recent call I was told they were waiting on the administrators. I've already initiated a switch away from SP because if I am going to lose the refund in transit at least I'm paying far less to the new company on a monthly basis than SP are charging. I think SP have been really bad with their comms. 

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

@dianered you probably will get your money refunded, but this  happens slowly in bankruptcies, Ofgem steps in and ensures continuity of supply.  You can still access the EE website http://www.extraenergy.co.uk/index.html which tells you how to contact the auditors, but if you contact them it will not speed up the process.  Sorry you had to shout Rubbish at me, I am only trying to explain.

I am sorry if you thought I was shouting at you.  That is not the case.  But I do think it is rubbish to say we should be grateful to have an energy supply.  Time will tell if we receive our refunds or not.  We have tried all day to get in touch with Scottish Power, and so far have been usuccessful, either being left on hold or cut off after sitting waiting for thirty minutes.  Have also tried without success several times in the past. So all in all very frustrated with the whole situation. We are being given bills that are not based on the meter readings we gave Scottish Power when we were asked for them. So now I am getting fed up with Scottish Power too!! Shambolic.

Misspea - cant even get through to Scottish Power despite ringing several times and sitting for half an hour being told 'thank you for your patience' and then eventually being cut off.

dianered. Can’t resist saying; would you have rather had a power cut than a transfer to another supplier? That’s why I said be grateful. 

posted by bazzakirk48 | 8 months ago
HI, now that SP have finally started to take money out of my account, which for over 2months have been saying my account was closed, can I initiate to leave them and go to another supplier or have I got to put up with there poor communication until this crap with extra energy continues into the abyss.

posted by mat | 8 months ago
I too am waiting on my refund of nearly £500...continuously fobbed off by SP that it will have next month, then the month after, then the month after?! Has anyone on here actually had their money back yet? I fear that if I switch from SP, I’ll certainly never see my money again!!! Fuming!!!!

posted by BennyTheBall | 8 months ago

First of all, one for DaveC.

How exactly would you lose your gas and electricity? Someone from an energy supplier has to disconnect it, so if we didn't go to SP, who would cut it off?? And how long do you think it will take "someone" to go round and disconnect 106,000 homes? Do you work for SP?

Secondly, I posted before how my bills (esimated) were going up and up.

Todays meters were entered (5 days, 39 day, 24 Night and 7 gas) and my bill has gone up another £496 to £1,867.88!!

Will attemp (yet again) to contact SP for an answer. Wish me luck,

Hi Benny, where are these high bills coming from? If it is your IHD or your App they are not bills and have been reported giving wrong information. Check you real bills which are pdf files in your online account. Second you are right if your power company goes bust it does not give an immediate power cut but it would do so if another supplier was not found. Third I try to solve problems, you could try it as well it is quite satisfying.