Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

@Potter    Jaspers reply

Hi go on line and raise a complaint with the Ombudsman giving them all the details. Extra energy’s telephone no is 08009534774. When answered press the number To make a payment. If you press the no. for credit you just go through to Scottish power. The administrators email is Nolia.sadyan@extra-energy.co.uk. Make a complaint to energy ombudsman. I was told by the administrators that Scottish power could access the refunds on 20th June. Get extra energy to email you a final statement and forward it to Scottish Power and ombudsman. Through the ombudsman I got my £450 back plus £100 compensation from Scottish Power!! This only happened a month ago after months of frustration. As I said when you get answered by extra energy press the number to make a payment else you get no where!!!!

posted by twodogs | A month ago

Finally got my refund through,From Scottish power.£291-32.

Thankyou and Goodbye2019-10-17 16.40.09.jpg

posted by billfromchez | 4 weeks ago

Had refused to pay Scottish Power's final bill (having moved to another company) until I got the cheque for Extra Energy credit (about £145). I cleared this with the chat room people and was told that my SP account had a 'hold' put on it, so I wouldn't be chased for the final bill amount. I have now had a letter from a debt recovery company demanding payment and threatening me with bailiffs. It's off to the Ombudsman for me. No sign of a cheque yet either.

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@billfromchez   Bad of SP to promise no action and then send debt collectors. But we all have to pay bills in life, it is no use refusing.

posted by billfromchez | 4 weeks ago

Thanks for that DaveC. I thought that PC should pay their much older debt to me before I paid my bill from them. I did pay their bill however, after having had the debt recovery agency on my back. I will be checking with the recovery agency to be sure that the action has been recalled, as I've lost faith in believing what SP tell me.

posted by Pissedoffclient | 4 weeks ago
Hello bilfromchez,
I have had the same from SP, only no bailiff yet.
It is stressing me.
Why should I pay my bill to them when they refuse to pay me back for what I overpaid Extra Energy?

Please could you tell me who you emailed?
I have no cheque yet.

@Pissedoffclient   If EE owe you money, there is no money left, and so Ofgem will fund the payment and give it to SP so they can pay you. SP are not responsible for your debts or credits with EE, they only pass on credits as a messenger for Ofgem.  If you owe SP money you must pay up, SP has no control  whatever of your credits. If EE ask you to pay an outstanding bill, likewise you must pay to EE (actually their executors)        

Hi DaveC,

There is a problem with your arguement in that since neither SP nor myself have yet recieved a final closing account reading from the representatives of EE,  SP are not in a position to legally demand payment from me for the electricity I used last winter.   Their computer system throws bills at me but without an agreed  starting  meter read.  

This afternoon  I went  through the onerous business of phoning them to check how things were progressing.  This is something I do once a month.  It takes hours.  The outcome is that they put a note on my account to hopefully prevent action being taken against me.  

The worst thing is that I cannot change supplier or take up a better tarriff as these involve paying by Direct Debit.  If I signed a DD,  SP would take what I owed them and what EE owes me.

@Pissedoffclient   I do sympathise, but SP have been supplying you since Nov 2018 and you have not paid them. It is not SP’s fault that there is no agreed opening reading, and by now only an estimated compromise is possible. This is probably why you are one of the last accounts to be settled