Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Ali195 | 9 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
I've given up, basically. Not a single letter or communication outside of the initial emails regarding transfer Q4 2018. Resolver & ombudsman led me to £75 credit with Scottish Power, which I have no real desire to leave as s provider ad I'm on a reasonable deal.
I was never that much in credit with EE once the last bill I received 3 weeks before they went bust, so £75 is probably in the right range.

Given them that bill & my opening readings should have resulted in a quick turnaround, but no it's not that simple I guess.

What amazes me is the total lack of written communication. If I had never reached out it would have resulted in zero, zip, nothing. Incredible.
Highlighted

posted by Ali195 | 9 months ago
Very timely. Just received an email yesterday saying a have received £39 credit to my account transferred over from EE
Highlighted

posted by billfromchez | 9 months ago

Well done Ali. Am pleased for you.

My own case - received a cheque for £124.30 for the Extra Energy balance this morning . 15 months  it has taken. The ombudsman has just sent me a message to say the case against SP is resolved. So, am just waiting for the written apology and the £75 compensation awarded- it works out at about £1.50 an hour for all the bother I've had to go through. Why anyone would want to do business with SP is beyond me. Shambolic is the word. 

Highlighted

posted by Raymoan | 9 months ago

Hi Like you i was an Extra Energy Customer, and like you i am still waiting for my owed credit, The first letter i recieved regarding this matter was November 2018.

HAS ANYBODY EVER HAD THERE CREDIT PAID BACK TO THEM OR INTO THERE SCOTTISH POWER ACCOUNT.

Raymoan

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
@Raymoan. Read the community. Refunds nearly all finished now, you are unlucky.
Highlighted

posted by rab | 9 months ago
I still have no refund from extra energy although Scottish power have emailed to say that they have the refund and its for £120.32. This is £64 short of the amount I estimated they still owe me. I haven't bothered with it so I'm waiting to see where they got the figures from and if I will recieve a final statement from extra energy to say what the charges are. I will have to open another compaint to the ombudsman as the readings that they agreed were recorded for my final extra energy bill can not have been the readings they have worked out the final bill on. It's a sad reflection on this companies ability to do business. Looks like they will be the next ones to be going under.
Highlighted

posted by billfromchez | 8 months ago

Keep at them Rab.

I've finally got the £75 'goodwill' payment from SP, after telling the ombudsman they hadn't sent it. The letter with the cheque was dated 10th March. I don't remember the Post Office taking 16days to deliver a letter, even around Christmas. It makes you suspicious- I wonder if it would have been sent without the ombudsman giving them a 'nudge'.

So, this brings to an end this sorry saga for me with SP.  

If you are owed money by SP, keep your temper but don't give up. I wonder how many people have.

Highlighted

posted by rab | 8 months ago
I can see from my balance that credit has been added to my account but I'm not due another bill for two months yet. I have been expecting to get a final bill from extra energy to show what my final readings were that they used to calculate the bill but it doesn't look like I am going to get it. I have to register a new complaint with SP before I can go back to the ombudsman. It looks like I will have to just put new meter readings in and it will generate a new bill before they will refund me my outstanding balance and I will see what the score is. I have no worries now though. They will have to pay up and if they get it wrong again the ombudsman will be employed again.
Highlighted

posted by kg0359 | 8 months ago

The administrators for Extra Energy (EE) didn't recalculate my final bill before demanding £339.84 in payment within a month just before Christmas and something similar may have happened to thouands of ex EE customers. . After many emails and calls to both EE and SP and from using the copies of invoices I was able to establish the actual hand over figures agreed and calculated what I thought was the correct balance which I then sent to the EE administrators. They recalculated my account and advised me (without an apology) that they HAD NOT recalculated my bill before  sending me my final bill and that EE actually owed me  £462.82 - a total difference of £802.66. Unfortunately, that was the easy part, trying to get SP to credit the £462.82  or to refund this money is proving a very long process as they claim to have not received notification from the adminisrators of this credit even though I have sent them copies of emails sent to me and advising me that details were sent to SP.  I didn't start chasing this credit until after the end of January 20 as I was aware that all credits would take until then to be paid.

I have been caused so much distress as nobody would take ownership of this at SP and all I kept being told was that I to had sort this out with the adminstrators myself  until finally, on 6 March I was told told that a work items would be raised and that SP would take ownership of my problem. Before this I had even asked to be put through to their complaints section as nothing was happening and because I'd been advised to this by the administrators and that once I'd done this it would only take a few days for things to be rectified. The lady I spoke to spoke to her superior and they refused to put me through to the complains team and told me to sort out the problem myself as there was nothing they could do 

I make sure I record every converation with companies and government departments due to prior experiences and I was just about to chase this up again today but before I did this I listened to my last recording to make sure that I hadn't misinterpreted what had been said and that SP has now taken responsibility for getting this done. SP had taken responsibilty but when I listened to what had been said what I though was "this will take up to 14 working days" turned out to be "this will take up to 40 working days" after asking others to listen to this part of the recording.

It would have been nice if it was 14 days rather than 40 days due to fall in income due to Covid-19 so I'll try again in May if nothing happens. 

Highlighted

posted by Pansypuss | 7 months ago
Re: credit from my previous supplier 'Octopus'.

My previous supplier 'Octopus' say they are waiting for Scottish Power to give them my readings for gas & elec. How do I chase this up? How do I find the chat line?