Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by BennyTheBall | A month ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy

Update, but an interesting one.

Finally spoke to a lad at SP, who was very polite, the trick to this is not to shout or be rude, we are all in the same position and you will get knowwhere, even though it is very fustrating. if you want to complain, do it with an email, even that will be pointless, but when I used to train Helpdesk people, we would always say they have to right to end a call when the customer is shouting and screaming. We didn't pay minimum wage for people to be abused.

He couldn't understand why the bills were coming back that high and assured that that was not the final bill, we shall see.

Now the interesting bit.

I asked for the original meter readings we put in in December (I was out of the country when EE went bust so was not back in the UK till 5th Dec.) He said we entered a reading on the 25th November (no we didn't) and the reading was x,y and z. He also told me what the readings I entered to EEin September, a good 2 months before they went bust. 

So, was ALL of our information (including any credit or debt) passed to SP? Nobody is saying. 

posted by christineN | A month ago

I am waiting for a Credit from Economy Energy I switched to Scottish Power Last September before Economy Energy ceased trading I am assured Scottish Power will recieve mu Credit Balance of £158 but when will this be? does anybody know ?

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi Christeine, A lot of peole are asking this, nobody knows for certain when the money will be refunded but probably some time during March. It might appear as a credit on your next bill.

posted by creditbill | A month ago

I was also in credit with Extra Energy when they went bust, It seems to be taking a long time for Scottish Power to sort out the account transfer. I'm now in debit because Scottish Power start you from 0 which is all rather galling and I can't switch until I get the credit!

posted by dianered | A month ago
Benny the ball - couldn't agree more that there is no point in ranting or raving at anyone you speak to at SP (that is if you can ever get through, which we have managed so far). I have never spoken in anger to anyone at a call centre, as I am fully aware of how difficult their jobs are. As you interestingly point out it would appear SP have got quite a lot of our information, and you would think that included the credit balances we have. But as you say, time will tell. I do think there are employees of SP in this forum too. Hopefully they will gauge our frustrations and speak on our behalf, rather than make vacuous comments that are no help to anyone.

posted by robeyy | A month ago

Hi 

I have the same problem. In credit with Extra Energy and still waiting for money to be applied to my SP account. To complicate matters, I did manage to sign on to SP web site.  Could only see my electricity bill but not my gas bill. Rang customer services x no of times. Now when I sign on I see the message “Account is being set up, sign in latter”. Well over a fortnight now. Rang customer services again and they say they didn’t have meter readings for gas. Sorry but we supplied reading when first asked by SP, and a meter reader employee came round in January who took both readings. 

No wonder people can contact SP customer services late in the evening. Suggests far too many complaints. I find it takes anything for 20 to 45 minutes to get through.

Im surprised SP hasn’t gone bust!

posted by Leis | A month ago
Me too - same position. I eventually got through to sp a couple of days ago and they told me the refunds ‘should be’ coming ‘around’ mid March. If they don’t I’m off.
No communication from sp apart from email to set up my direct debit - which I did, but they promptly only took £1! Tried to phone numerous times since January, just to try and find out my a/c number, but couldn’t get through until a couple of days ago. I could go on and on, but what’s the point. I’m extremely annoyed and frustrated at sp lack of communication and transparency - and with extra energy not giving their customers any notice - and then deleting our online accounts so we have no proof of the credit balance on our accounts.

posted by BennyTheBall | A month ago

Had someone round to read the meters today, but still nothing about credit?

Also, on the Martin Lewis show a while ago he said we had 5 months that we could leave SP without any penalty (or something like that). That time is getting close and none of us are any wiser.

I wonder how much total "Credit" is due and if SP can afford it? There were 106,000 accounts

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi again Benny, Can SP afford to pay Extra energy credits?  SP will only pay out what they receive from the liquidators of EE, SP are not liable for any other payments.

posted by Barb | A month ago

Ive spent 2 hours 20 mins over the last week and couldnt get through to SP.  Ive just emailed them in hope they will help me as my account tells me nothing just a bill for electric and no gas.  They havent taken no direct debit each month even though this was set up and I have no refund from EEnergy. Wander what happened to the welcome pack ??  With alot of new customers from Extra Energy, I understand  customer services have their work cut out and you would think the company would help these poor people out by recrutting more staff to deal with it. I hope I dont have to resort in complaining to Resolver. Come on Scottish power, help your poor staff out.