Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: CRedit not yet refunded from Extra Energy
  1. Apologies @sheetal  you did not say you had already been paying a DD. Yes the situation withEE is a mess. The only good news was posted here in the last few days saying Ofgem are guaranteeing that credits will be returned. The £200 DD you are being charged now would anyway only last until a calculated debt is paid off, it does not imply an annual bill of £2400. Have a close look at your SP bill to see what they calculate you owe, if it based on estimates you can challenge it. Good luck. 

posted by Jonnel | 4 months ago

@johnbhoy

johnbhoy: "Understand all the  anger at this debacle but I think I read in an article earlier that Ofgem will pay any credit you have with Extra Energy similar to the guarantee that banks give to the first £85,000 of your account if the bank goes bust."

Is that right?

I believe the article you got the quote from was from Money Saving Expert? They used exactly the same wording when dishing out advice to Brilliant Energy customers on March 11th when that small firm went into receivership too - just transposed the supplier name.

As I understand it, the assurance (not guarantee) that Ofgem have offered to ExEn customers is based on sections of Scottish Power's offer to take on ExEn's now supplierless customers, under the SOLR bidding scheme, so it's SP who hold the cards as far as credit refunds and cash refunds go.

The deciding factor for Ofgem handing SP ExEn's customers was that SP stated they would minimise any claim for a Supplier of Last Resort Payment under Ofgem's SOLR energy levy. I don't know how much SP intend to claim, but when Octopus claimed their SOLRP for Iresa's customer base (of only 17,000) they got £13.8 million.

posted by JMH | 4 months ago

I feel very let down By SP. i am currently on hold and have been for over half an hour

Like others no communication other than bank detaiils.

They have put us on a tarrif for a short period of time once we received our customer pack. Got this now however we are still awaiting our balance to transfer from EE. This is putting us all in a difficut position as if we want to move TBH you cant.

We had no choice about provider when EE ended. Looking at moving due to taffif cost and standing charges.  we are in a difficult position currently.

while waiting  sarah from manchester answered , what a gem really helpful she stated that you do not have to wait until EE is sorted before you can switch providers. Sarah also gave me the Tarrifs we are on now and moving forward in a months time.

Going to be checking sites now

posted by Karene | 3 months ago

I too any awaiting a refund, mine is only   £78.00 not bad as many people are in a lot worse situation. I left Scottish Power as soon as I could, I have  had bad dealings with them in the past and I am not staying so went to Blub. Before I left I spoke to a person who said that ofgen were going to refund me, I reported this person for misinformation, since then I have spoken to a few other people from Scottish Power, it could take up tp 2 years to get our money back,  I am not holding my breath.

posted by MARS | 3 months ago

I just left property and received final bill from SP - but my extra energy credit was ignored and SP bill not adjusted! 

SP bill is correct but where are the money from direct debit for EE? 115 DD a month! - Will it be ever refunded?  Yes Im very upset as was living as a single occupancy tenant with 50-70 monthly usage (moneywise)

Anyone can help? 

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hello Mars. I hope EE stopped taking th.e £115  DD in November. If you had built up a credit you will get it back and now you have left SP it will be as a cheque payment. A lot of the accounts have not been finalised. 

posted by brierley123 | 3 months ago
I think they are dragging it out to keep customers, it’s appalling that it hasn’t been sorted. I’m owed £500, Scottish powers tariff’s are astronomical.

posted by Jackiow | 3 months ago

Just had a reply from Scottish Power , telling me that I can not move to another supplier untill the Extra Energy details are transferred to them - so basically I am locked into a supplier that I have steadily grown to dislike with the lack of information and with supplying a 'Starter Pack'  which they say I need to even start the process of leaving . Here is part of what they have said -

'I am very sorry for the hassle regarding the matter. You won’t be able to switch to another supplier while your account is being transferred to ScottishPower. We certainly hope you decide to stay with us as we’ve been voted best large energy supplier of the year for 2018 by uSwitch, however, you’ll be free to choose another supplier as soon as your transfer is complete.'

How can anyone be locked into a supplier that charges nearly double what I have been paying - exasperated :-( 

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Hello Jaki. Logically you can’t leave SP because you have not joined yet. The problem is they have been very slow to set up your account. Once you have joined then you can leave. It does make sense.

posted by ianmcdonald | 3 months ago

At least you have heard from Scottish power , severe lack of communication if you ask me, I have phoned on numerous occasions and actually set up an account TWICE!!!, still waiting on this being setup and getting my refund from credit on extra energy account,  dreading the first bill as they seem unable to set up an account and take direct debit payments, we are now 4 months later since extra energy went bankrupt and I’m still waiting on them taking any type of payment for the energy  I have used , total shambles....