Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access My Bills Online

posted by Johkaz | A year ago

Has anyone had a problem accessing or seeing their bills online?

As i have had a problem for nearly a year, where if i submit a monthly meter reading.

As i like to see how the balance has been adjusted by energy usage.  It will not create a bill online for me, as it used to do.

I click on My Balance And Bills, on the top bar, it goes away, i get a Grey screen and i then go back to the main screen.

The same happens if i click on the box below this, View My Bills And Balance.

Last year, i had someone after a phone call to Scottish Power, reset my account and give me a new password.

This worked for only two days, and then the webpage went back to the original problem.

I have been told that this is being worked on, and i would be updated about it. But i have heard nothing back since January 2020.

I phoned Scottish Power about this, and the lady said that she is not the Technical Department, and when i asked about it. I was told that they cannot connect me to that department.

16 comments

posted by Debbielou | A year ago
Re: Cannot access My Bills Online

yes, I  can't access my Bill's online either. I just get circles going around and around as if the page is trying to reload but can't.

A bloody nuisance! 

In my case, i click on what would be the links, to the page for showing my bills.

I get a Grey screen, and then back to the main page or screen.

So this tells me that either the link is broken, or the page i want to go to is missing.

The Technical Department can't be much good, as this has been going on for nearly a year.

posted by Davc | A year ago
@Johkaz. If this is from the app they often go wrong, try updating the operating system and the app itself. Your account through a web browser will probably be better but if there is a problem there update your browser and computer.

Thanks to all for the replies.

I am not using the app to view my account on my android phone.

I am using my recently upgraded Windows 10 Professional computer.

I have had a new Intel 9 motherboard fitted, 16GB memory and onboard graphics card.

I tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google browsers, all updated.

I have also sent Scottish Power screenshots of the problem, and still no improvement.

@Johkaz. Thanks, it seems the problem is at SP’s end then.

posted by billj | A year ago
21 /03/20 Web site not working with Firefox- even with latest update. Works OK on MS Edge- No other web site problems with Firefox - Please fix YOUR website. THIS is NOT a Firefox problem

I have just re-tried the following browsers, with any updates installed, all of which still do not work to show my bills.

Microsoft IE.11.719 - Failed

Microsoft Edge - Failed

Firefox - Failed

Gary

@Johkaz   Yes there is probably something wrong at the SP server. 

Surprised you did not try Google Chrome, it is said to be the most popular and reliable browser available.

I have just installed and tried Google Chrome browser.

And i got the same result as earlier, again nothing working.