cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changing from Comfort Plus to Gas

posted by kmf | 4 months ago

Looking for some help ...

After enduring Comfort Plus storage heaters and the ever increasing tariffs I am getting gas central heating installed.  My query is what I do about the 2 meters I have installed.  Would the heating and water meter just stop or would I need it removed or decommisioned?   

I don't intend to stay with SP as me electric or gas provider 

TIA 

4 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Changing from Comfort Plus to Gas

@kmf   Well done, good decision to go to gas for heating.  SP will remove your old electric meters  and replace with a single rate standard meter, you have to request that they do this for you.  Once you have a standard single rate meter you can shop around for the best electric rates available.

Highlighted

posted by kmf | 4 months ago
Thanks for the reply. Didn’t think it would be that easy
Highlighted

posted by bcstrachan | A month ago

Hi there, I currently have storage heaters in my flat and I am looking to upgrade to gas central heating. What provider did you use to fit the gas central heating in your house?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@bcstrachan. If you have a gas supply at the property then use a central heating contractor. If no gas supply you will need to get a supplier like British Gas to install the supply.

Local contractors normally put in central heating, ask around for different quotes and check the reputations online.
When the work is complete you will have to get an electrician to disconnect the storage heaters. Then ask SP to give you a single rate tariff and remove the night meter if necessary.