Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing account

posted by Hakker | A year ago

I have just rejoined Scottish Power. I was a customer previously, and my old account is still present (but closed). Can I delete it?

16 comments

posted by Liverkiller | A year ago
Re: Closing account
When I sign into my account from mobile app, I get logged into a double dead account which my daughter held. She had a brief moment with SP as a student. This was an account paid by Royal Bank of M&D, and so we used our email address. Now even though that property has been sold, it still appears on our My Account. How do we persuade SP to delete it???

posted by AlexandruComan | 11 months ago
I want to close my account I 've moved from previous address and the new address the gas and electricity it's on somebody else name so I can't transfer my account ...and to let it open cuz ... I moved so I don't want to pay gas and electricity... if someone else using on old address

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
You must phone SP and explain what is happening.

You have a number to call?

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Hi Alexandru the number is on the SP website, but I can give it here 0800 027 0072

Many thanks and have a nice day !!!!

posted by johnnyt | 8 months ago

And good luck with that,my friend.

This is Scottish Power we are talking  about-the same company who were fined 1 8 million by ofgem for failing to treat it`s customers fairly. This was in 2016. Not a lot has changed,as far as I can see.

After an aborted house move,  I have been trying  to close an account for the best part of a month.

Despite 4-5 hours on the phone, innunerable promises and an incredible amount of frustration, I a m still being  billed for 2 properties . The amount that was taken for my non-existant move caused my bank account to go over my overdraft limit. I had to borrow money to pay a LEGITIMATE dd. Humiliating or what?

Still, as a SP customer service advsor told me-"Its your own fault, We only did what you told us to do"-yeh,except cancel the erroneous account.

posted by Jonestribe | 5 months ago
I have now called on numerous occasions to ask that my husband's name be removed from the account as he died 18 months ago. I still get confirmation when I pay saying dear Tim Jones.
Get your act together this is insensitive.
Highlighted

posted by Enrik120483 | 2 months ago
Hello
I spoke twice with the customer service regarding closing my account. They confirmed it. However I still see on my home page "next bill: 19 november". Why is that?