Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by justice | 2 months ago
Re: Closing account
Hi I feel your pain! Scottish Power left me without a working electricity meter for over a year, they failed to install a new meter on about 5 occasions. I had to go to the energy ombudsman. Only then did I get a working meter. They sent a bill for £205 just after the meter was replaced the ombudsman said that was fair. They ruled that Scottish Power should pay £240 for missing meter installments as Ofgem's Guidelines and £100 good will gesture. Scottish Power appealed but could not provide proof of adequate notice of appointment cancellations so the original decision was upheld. Mean while they put up our energy prices and are blocking us from leaving them. Today I discovered they have increased the original bill from £205 to £559 but they have deducted the £100. How they think they will get away with that i do not know. I have contacted the Ombudsman Ofgem Watchdog and I am now looking into filling in a small claims form to take them to court. Changing the bill is fraud so I am going to look into criminal proceedings for that too.

posted by MARIANNEC | A month ago
This is happening to me right now. called to close my gas and electric account as I moved out the property and into a property with someone that already has supplies with another provider, However they only closed my gas account which makes no sense at all. -_-

posted by Newbie17 | A month ago

Hello - I have recently transferred to a new supplier, given meter readings, had my final bills and made my final payments.   No refunds due.  Scottish Power have actually closed my Energy account now that it is all paid in full and switched elsewhere.  I now wish to completely close the rest of my on-line account with Scottish Power.  Can anyone let me know how I go about doing that please?  And please do not suggest phoning!  You all know why!  Thanks.  Mary

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Newbie17   Sorry Mary nobody knows how to close the Community subscription.  I suppose, but not sure,  that now and again SP review the Community and compare it with the customer list, but maybe not. Anyway it does not really matter to you apart from getting emails I suppose.  We wont bother you unless you want to send us comments about your new supplier who I hope you will be happy with.

posted by Newbie17 | A month ago
Thanks for your comment Davc. If all that is left is access to the Community then that is probably OK to be left as it is. I do like to tidy up after myself with the web sites I no longer use or need though! I imagine that I will only get any emails from the Community if I have actually posted something myself - like this, and your reply. In time, but exactly how long is anyone's guess, I expect I will quietly disappear from Scottish Power's records.

posted by Hughswan | A month ago

Lost track of how many times that YOU HAVE NOT SENT ME A BILL just reminders!!!!! Have now transfered  to TOTO Energy. Please close my account.

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Hughswan   Your new supplier Toto will drive the transfer process.  Make sure you take a closing reading and keep a note of it in case there is a dispute about your final bill. Photograph your meters.