Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 3 months ago
Re: Comfort Plus White meter

Once I had my gas system installed a week I got in touch with octopus asking to join them and they took it from there there customer service is fantastic and I am now a happy customer can get in touch with them anytime didn't have this kind of service with Scottish Power best wishes

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@kmf   I would tell SP to change the meters as soon as possible, it will take them time to react and even if they disconnect the storage heaters before the gas starts it is Summer so you do not need heat (much) until october.

Highlighted

posted by magsmcg | 2 months ago

Update on my situation.  

Gas is intsalled and boiler fit was straight forward.  British gas fit the metre at no charge for the gas.

SP are refusing to change the metre for the electicity because of covid. They have declined to change the tarrif and basically we are still paying the highr rate untill this work is done.

Not ideal.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

@magsmcg   Glad you have your gas account, the electricity will cost very little now that the storage heaters are disconnected.  Make sure to send readings for electricity or they will estimate your charges according to your old storage heating setup. Basically the white meter reading should always be the same from now on, only the standard meter should be showing consumption.

Highlighted

posted by kmf | A month ago
@magsmcg How long did British Gas take to install the meter? I had to get a live dead test done, SP are quoting around 6 weeks (possibly longer due to backlogs to fit a meter) They say they can't change the electric meters at the moment due to government restrictions.