Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - No one dealing with us

posted by tracey-nicklain | 7 days ago

Hi All, we have had a complaint in with scottish power since joining nearly a year ago.  This complaint has not been dealt with, despite numerous (numerous) communication with Scottish Power.   We get told someone is going to ring us, nobody ever does.    I can't see bills, I can't enter meter readings, I don't know what my direct debit covers.   How do I get someone to actually ring me and deal with my issues?

Thanks, Tracey 

8 comments

posted by Elizabeth9 | 6 days ago
Re: Complaint - No one dealing with us
I transferred Gas/Elec to ScotPower and opened their Boiler Care 2 months ago. So far they have only ACTUALLY taken my Electricity and left the GAS with OVO. There is also no sign of the Boiler Care anywhere on my account. I have an 'open Complaint' but can't get anyone on the telephone (despite calling numerous times and holding for over 15 mins). I'm starting to regret transfer ……...

posted by tracey-nicklain | 6 days ago

Hi Elizabeth, I once rang  on the dot of 8.30am and waited on hold for 52mins before I was answered..,..  One of the worst decisions we ever made moving to Scottish Power.    Tracey 

posted by Jonnel | 6 days ago

Unfortunately your experience doesn't surprise me, I've had several complaints in with Scottish Power over the years and their customer service is getting worse and worse as the years roll by. If it wasn't for their pricing being the best value deal I've been able to find I would probably have moved a long time ago too. Anyway, I've found it pays to be persistent.

Firstly, read Scottish Power's complaints procedure and KNOW IT. For your complaint to be entertained by Ofgem (should it come to that) you HAVE to have followed Scottish Power's procedure.

In the past I have resorted to e-mailing and using the online chat every few days to chivvy them up and move my complaints forward. If you leave THEM to contact YOU, they won't. In my e-mails I have specified time limits in which I expect a reply/action and have basically done a countdown for them as to when the complaint will escalate to Ofgem. This has usually gotten me an e-mail reply from them but sadly, no phone calls. If you get a name on email replies, USE IT. I header my e-mails: 'fao: person's name' EVERY TIME I get hold of a name, and pester that one person as often as I get the chance for an answer/resolution. Keep all e-mails you send, that they send and transcripts of all online chats (they've just disabled automatically sending you chat transcripts via e-mail so you have to copy and paste from the chatbox BEFORE you close it) - it's all evidence for Ofgem.

I've had some success being annoying - resolutions usually come in weeks rather than days, I grant you, but at least they come, just from refusing to be ignored.

As far as your problem goes, please don't be tempted to stop paying anything as an act of defiance - that will only backfire on you. When I moved to my current home Scottish Power messed up my utilities transfer too - took 4 months to sort out but it WAS sorted in the end. If I were you I would be taking regular meter readings - dates/usage etc. - dated photos if possible, and details of payments you've made and when, all ready to hand and in an easy format to read - if your utility prices change before you get this sorted out it'll be crazy hard to work out the correct bill and you don't want that.

Highlighted

posted by tracey-nicklain | 6 days ago

Hi Jonnel

Many thanks for you taking the time to write about your experiences and give some great advice.  I am sorry to hear that you have had several complaints, but I guess they must be doing something right that you stick with them.  

You are correct on the persistency, I have been persistent but probably not quite enough. I do go through weeks where I call almost daily and then weeks where I lose the will to talk to another 'brick wall' at Scottish Power... 'someone will call you back....'  hmm....

We have started a complaint with Ofgem but the problem with that is they need detailed information on what is wrong.  There is so much wrong (we moved over a few properties at once) and the complaint has been so long in the process that it will literally take a day to write it all up for Ofgem.  However I must do this to get some conclusion (hopefully..)  I have just started to use the chat line but I have not been emailing, thanks that is good advice.  They are a bit sneaky with the chat transcript as the operator tells you that you can print it, but there is no option!  Good to know that I was not doing something wrong and others are experiencing this too.  

I really appreicate all your advice and I will put some of those points into action (the rest we are doing already but good to have a reminder to keep doing it).  I am heartened to hear you did get a resolution in a matter of weeks at times.  So far we have been waiting 10  months!  Fingers crossed.

Many thanks again for your time. 

posted by SB | 5 days ago

Couldnt agree more with the ineptitude of Scottish Power.  Have been trying for three months to get details correct on the accounts.  More than 4 hours on the phone, 20 emails, three webchats.  Seriously if you are reading this and not yet an account holder with SP then preserve your own sanity and go anywhere else.

@tracey-nicklain wrote:

Hi All, we have had a complaint in with scottish power since joining nearly a year ago.  This complaint has not been dealt with, despite numerous (numerous) communication with Scottish Power.   We get told someone is going to ring us, nobody ever does.    I can't see bills, I can't enter meter readings, I don't know what my direct debit covers.   How do I get someone to actually ring me and deal with my issues?

Thanks, Tracey 

posted by tracey-nicklain | 5 days ago

SB we could not agree with you more - take this as a warning and prospective SP customers. Don't do it, choose another supplier, preserve your sanity (and time!).

posted by Cody70 | Yesterday
Waiting on resalution to Scottish Power, sorting out final bill, they requested on myself leaving them. I paid DD, and was dealt a massive bill some how.. Have spoken to 7different folk. Told resolved within 8wks, and still waiting since June.
I need an e mail address, as communication level, appalling with them.

posted by tracey-nicklain | Yesterday
Cody70, sorry you are also having trouble with Scottish Power. At the rate we are getting our complaint solved (or even looked at...) I think you may be very lucky if it is resolved June 2019! We are now around 10 months since we put our complaint in. Communication at this company and complaint resolving is worse than appalling. Tracey