Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint re smart meter installation - engineer didn’t turn up!!!

posted by tasha0924 | A year ago
I had an appointment today between 8am and 12pm for a smart meter to be installed. I waited until 1.30pm and nobody turned up! Then I got an email from Scottish power congratulating me on my new smart meter! I don’t have it!! Not good service, can someone please explain to me why nobody turned up for the appointment and what will be done about it.
11 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Complaint re smart meter installation - engineer didn’t turn up!!!
Hi Sorry to hear you waited for nothing but we cannot help in the Community you must tell SP.

posted by jayjen | 9 months ago

Yes, its happened to me too.  I had appointment for a smart meter installation today between 1.00 and 4.0.0.  I have been holding on all afternoon, and no one has turned up and it is 16.37.   Worse still, I can't get in touch with anyone to find out what is happening.  

posted by craig78 | 9 months ago

My partner waited in all day for an engineer booked for 1pm till 4pm, no show!

I was then asked for feedback on how my smart meter installation went!!!

I have had no feedback or comms to apologise or to rearrange and it would appear from the request to complete feedback that Scottish power think my meters have been installed.

Worse still I am not struggling to find out how to get an update or to speak with someone to resolve.

posted by Cloudy | 8 months ago

You are not alone!  We waited in for a smart meter installation and nobody turned up.  Then I received an email congratulating me on the installation.   Then I received an email requesting me to rate the installation.  I would let me fill in the feedback but would not let me send it off, a note popped up, saying they had my data already.  Hahahaha. How very annoying.

posted by gibbo01 | 4 months ago
I have waited in all day from 8am until 7pm , 30/07 /2019 to no Avail , smart meter engineer failed to turn up , have had nothing but problems since I switched in November 2018 , today is the last straw , switching to Bulb now, completely fed up , had to cancel an appointment as a consequence of this engineer
Highlighted

posted by AJG | 4 months ago
Yeah they failed to show up today for me as well. I called and they claimed my post code was invalid (it wasn't). And they could not call since the mobile number I was forced to provide want valid (it wasn't because I don't have one but the installation booking form required one) and they didn't get the notes from the form that had the real number (so what the **bleep** was the point of having a notes field for the engineer!?). Can't work out who to call to try to get this mess sorted out and the online chat option isn't working either.

posted by GMcF | 4 months ago

Happened to me too. Waited in all morning and no one turned up with no communication. That's bad enough but we recevied about 5 emails on the days leading up to it confirming that they were coming and they would arrive between 8am and 12 noon. And we also got the email the next day congratulating us on our smart meter install and asking us to rate them, lol.  Absolutely useless !

posted by sallylayte | 3 months ago

I had various text and emails regarding having my smart metre fitting .The engineer failed to turn up never had one phone call ,text or email from scottish power ridiculous !!!!!!!

posted by Burnett | 3 months ago

Today waited from 12 - 4 and NO ONE turned up - why push customers to get installation - no texts or phone calls - no sorry Scottish Power has wasted my time!!!!