Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Complaint

posted by jf | 2 years ago
I’ve had an outstanding complaint since jan. When I call for an update I get told someone will call to schedule a call. They do , I’m given a time .. but no one ever calls. I feel this is classic robbing off to shut me up. Today , for the countless time I was told someone will call tomorrow between 1-2 . Let’s just say I won’t hold my breath. Worst customer service I have ever had ... by some way......literally from any company- it’s almost funny. Only respond if you criticise on the FB page.
7 comments
Highlighted

posted by Charlie82 | 2 years ago
Re: Complaint

Not the only one ,for the last few year ive been getting charged for  off-peak electricity that i do not use let alone have an off-peak meter in the house, been simply trying to get an official to visit house to confirm this ,as seemingly all the meter readers that have visited agree this is wrong but they are onlt "Meter Readers" so cannot do anything about it.I also have been awaiting a call today between 9 & 10 am slightly passed that now and no call forthcoming im afraid. Now back to ombusman and the local papers to persue a widercomplaint. Biils have more than doubled that I normally pay.

Highlighted

posted by judybpowsp | 2 years ago
I am having exactly the same problem
Highlighted

posted by MehdiSebti | A year ago

Scottish Power keeps billing me despite me having left my property on the 6th of September, 3 phone calls, 1 official complaint to ContactUs email (only received apology but, as usual, no resolution) and after having completed the online leaving homes form.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Mehdi, bad experience you had. Are the bills for new consumption in Oct and Nov? If they are you need to tell them to cancel them and credit your account so that you do not owe any more. You may have had a closing bill for Sep which of course must be paid. Are you still with SP in your new property? Is the new account working correctly?

Highlighted

Hi Davc,

I left the property (and the UK) on the 6/9/18. My last bill was for November, my next bill is for January. SP still hasn't closed my account despite me having 15£ in credits (which will not be refunded since they cannot send checks internationally). I've spent hours on the phone with customer services, made a second complaint yesterday, and of course completed the online moving homes form in due time. I can log into my online account just fine.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Mehdi, put your complaint in writing and cancel your Direct Debit. Can you contact the new tennant and ask them to register in their own name? It sounds as if you are paying their bills, very nice of you.

Highlighted

Hi Davc,

I've already put my complaint in writing. Twice to their CONTACTUS email and once on FaceBook. Direct Debit has been canceled. I don't know the new tenants and obviously won't be paying their bills. SP also kept sending bills belonging to the previous tenant when I lived on the property. SP even contacted a collections agency despite me proving my identity many times. This leads me to think the new tenants aren't even aware of anything but SP just doesn't know what it's doing. I've left the UK since, after paying in excess of what I owe. Wish I could never have to hear about SP again.