Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption graph not working

posted by Ian48 | 8 months ago

For the past two months I have not been able to see anything on my energy consumption graph, I just keep getting the message "we are working hard to fix this". Informed Scottish Power of this at the time and was told that it was a web based error and it would soon be resolved, also clarified that they were still receiving the information from my smart meter. I suppose it depends on your definition of the word "soon" but two months seems a long time to me for this issue to persist, anyone else having similar problems?

8 comments
Highlighted

posted by LindaPR | 8 months ago
Re: Consumption graph not working

I had a similar issue for a couple of months. Now, I can see last years August consumption is obviously wrong. I'm afraid I have no faith that I'm being correctly charged. 

posted by janus | 2 months ago

me too. The earlier posts are 5 months ago . is this still not fixed?

posted by val | 2 months ago
I have no faith in SP app or smart meter as since it was installed at their insistence in December it has not worked as it will not show information & keeps giving the message “whoops something went wrong” all chat agents are in India so of no use at all. Thoroughly incompetent.

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

Hi Val, yes you are right the information for users is in a mess, but the main job of the smart meter is to report meter readings to the supplier automatically. The user information will get sorted out eventually and I think you will find that the meter readings are being sent as expected. Don’t worry about high costs being shown on the App or IHD, only your bills will tell you what your costs have been. 

posted by Ian48 | 2 months ago

Yes Davc its main function is to report your usage but it was sold to us as a way to "take control of our energy use" not as a benefit to the power company. Without having reliable readouts available we have nothing to relate our usage to. Anyway, since my last post on this I have had a meter reader come round, been sent an email to take my meter redings and send them in and given all this I contacted Scottishpower again. Got a very confused conversation saying yes they were still getting my readings via the smart link, yes there were problems with the site but all would be solved at the start of 2019 when certain customers would be sent signal boosters (don't see how this applies to this problem). In the end got nowhere and have given up and chucked the smart meter in a drawer - seemed pointless wasting power on it that I was paying for without getting accurate information.

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

Yes Ian, best thing to do is put the IHD away until they have sorted out its problems. You can still take manual readings from the meters if the automatic service gives problems.  I totally agree you are not getting the advertised benefits and I am sure there are very red faces at SP, I wonder if the other energy copanies are struggling as well. It seems energy companies are not evil money grabbers but they are all losing money and going bust these days.

posted by greaves | 2 months ago

Had my smart meter fitted in August, the website showed me my consumption for about 3 weeks and then just showed the message that they were working on it to improve our experience! Waited patiently but no change. Eventually called to find out what was happening and spoke to young lady who assured me my readings were being received. However, she seemed puzzled when I said I wasn't getting the service I was promised and said I could always look at my bills if I wanted to know my consumption! What's the point of having a smart meter then?

posted by AndySwain | A month ago
Davc, I don't think there are any "red faces at SP", as they've been telling me different excuses and explanations for over 13 months now!!! Every time I lose my patience, and raise it to the customer support director's team, there's the usual week delay and then a slightly apologetic response, promises that someone will sort it out, referral to someone else, who gives me different excuses, explanations or promises, nothing gets solved, and the cycle repeats.
My IHD doesn't work at all; I've been told that it needs a reset message to be sent from their centre, I get referred, and then someone else says they can't do that!
The Smart Consumption graph on the web app got turned off many months ago, although their message says it'll be "...back soon...", but I'm not holding my breath.
I can't believe that SP, and the other suppliers, still have the nerve to keep advertising Smart Meters!
But I don't think SP will get any of my friends and colleagues signing up for one...