Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Scottish Power

posted by PatNorton | A year ago

Why is it so difficult to get in touch with Scottish Power by phone? I have spent over half an hour this evening waiting for an advisor to answer my call and eventually had to give up in disgust and frustration, having been told that the call-back service is now only accessible on-line, which I do not find to be convenient.

I simply wish to discuss my tariff and update my e-mail address, and also find out why my so-called Smart Meter is still not registering my usage, as I continue to receive estimated bills.

I believe I have booked a Call Back telephone call with you and hope that this does occur or I may start to consider the many other offers from your rival suppliers that may offer a superior customer service.

163 comments

Top answer

posted by  Gordon | A year ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power

Hi @PatNorton, occasionaly during the evenings the phone lines can be busier than normal depending on how many people are trying to call at the one time. Are you able to login to your online account with the old email address at all? The 'edit personal details' option allows you to change your email address once logged in. Re the issues with your Smart Meter, did you just get the Smart Meter installed recently? It can sometimes take a bit of time for this to update on your account, you can see more information in the Smart Meter FAQ's here 

posted by windy | A year ago

hi, I have also had a communication problem with SC boiler care team.  Been waiting for over a month for someone from the maintenance team to contact me regarding an outstanding job. I was repeatedly told someone from the maintanance team would be in touch and I have wasted hours of my time calling them and being "fobbed off". Very disappointing.

Windy

posted by  Gordon | A year ago

Hi @windy, normally the best way to move this forward would be to get in touch with our boiler support team, however as you are experiencing issues I wonder if there's any way we can help you on the Community through advice. Could you provide any more details on what the oustanding maintenance issue? 

posted by yoon | A year ago

Please can anyone tell me the phone nmber to call scottish power? i have trawled all over the website with no luck. Thank you

@PatNorton wrote:

Why is it so difficult to get in touch with Scottish Power by phone? I have spent over half an hour this evening waiting for an advisor to answer my call and eventually had to give up in disgust and frustration, having been told that the call-back service is now only accessible on-line, which I do not find to be convenient.

I simply wish to discuss my tariff and update my e-mail address, and also find out why my so-called Smart Meter is still not registering my usage, as I continue to receive estimated bills.

I believe I have booked a Call Back telephone call with you and hope that this does occur or I may start to consider the many other offers from your rival suppliers that may offer a superior customer service.

posted by xebec59 | A year ago

Ditto. Waiting for 46 minutes on hold this evening. Havent been able to speak to anyone and trying since Saturday. Dont hold your breath on a call back - its not a human callback, its automated. And my experience on Saturday and yesterday was that I waited 10 minutes having accepted the call back and it disconnected. Serious understaffing issue and/or phone system which cannot cope. Should raise with Ofcom/Watchdog

posted by xebec59 | A year ago
And the reason I wanted to speak is that having agreed a 12 month contract on the phone I have not received any communication by post or email so I dont know my account number in order to log into any online account. It has now been resolved because a direct debit has gone through and fortunately the reference is the account number

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Hi @yoon, you can access our contact details via this link

posted by jimmy1978 | A year ago

Absolutely disgruntled with the overall service from Scottish Power, by phoning contact centre and being put on lengthy holds every time plus other issues!

Highlighted

posted by Ddr-complainer | A year ago

May I advise - that when you do get through make sure you get the name of the person you speak to; also if you find s/he is unable to resolve your issue, then insist upon being put through to his/her supervisor - somebody with proper authority to resolve the matter. Then ensure you have that person's direct contact details - email address and phone number.

However  a better starting place than the phone is an email - and also use the My Messages facility to contact them. This is much easier; a lot easier to state your situation, your complaint, and what you wnat doing to resolve it. Also a good to have this on record if the matter becomes protracted.

Good Luck.