Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by sJ59 | 11 months ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power
I am ringing and been listening to music and repeated messages that my call will be answered for 58 minutes now! Unacceptable

posted by mikemetham | 11 months ago

I

@sJ59 wrote:
I am ringing and been listening to music and repeated messages that my call will be answered for 58 minutes now! Unacceptable

ave tried contacting Customer service at various times of the day. Must have been on hold for approaching a total of one hour now. The message should be "we are badly understaffed". Not acceptable. Any tips on how or when to phone them would be appreciated. There are a lot of good deals out there now and this sort of complacency is going to cost them. 

posted by fedup8 | 11 months ago
Are you gonna pick up any time soon or shall I be waiting for eternity?

It's been more than a week since I'm waiting to chat online or talk to you on the phone. When I enter my phone number  for a call back the voice says it's invalid. Otherwise I wait on the phone for HOURS.  At the same time you keep sending me emails that I'm about to be charged for not paying my bill. I just want to dispute it and the customer service has never been that terrible before. Even TalkTalk pick up faster than you. 

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Better pay your bill and dispute afterwards, you don't want to damage your credit rating.

posted by mikemetham | 11 months ago

Can someone answer the bloody phone. 

posted by Baz71 | 11 months ago
For two years I have been trying to make any sense with Scottish Power. My complaints never got answered, i have often been promised call backs but never get them, they have stopped sending me letters or paper bills or emails. I have to get online to see what they have sent me despite me asking for mail to be posted . I have given up and am waiting to change supplier.

posted by davidbon | 11 months ago

You would think Ofgen would intervene. They should not be allowed to have any additional customers until they can look after the ones they have.  

Everyone should complain to OFgen. I will be leaving Scottish Power as soon as my one year contract has finished. Eon, although slightly dearer, answered the phone. 

posted by William33 | 11 months ago
I have already sent proof of my income but today I received a letter telling me that I have (not) sent proof and the time has lapsed for me to be able to get the Warm home Discount?

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Hi William it is not too late for Warm Home discount, it is not paid out until March.  Send the proof of income again, did you post it or email it? You need to add your name address and account number if you send in anything so they know what to do with it.

Highlighted

posted by DaveD | 11 months ago

Sadly it's become aparent that any communication via email or website is via India. I don't know how much geographical information these operatives have for the UK or even how much knowledge they have of the UK domestic power market, I really suspect very little.

On the subject of OfGem....I wouldn't hold my breath. I asked about the cappiing of standard daily charges and this is what I got back...

Dear Mr Dunbar,

Thank you for contacting Ofgem.

The default tariff cap includes maximum standing charges as well as unit rates. It is the supplier’s commercial decision where they price their tariffs so long as they are compliant with the cap.

Kind regards,

Aidan White

Consumer Enquiries Assistant Manager

Consumer Affairs

3rd Floor Commonwealth House

32 Albion Street

Glasgow

G1 1LH

www.ofgem.gov.uk