Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by whiteowl | 9 months ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power

And make sure you put name. address. and acount number on all  of your proof of income pages.

peciesof prove

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hi DaveD  What is wrong with Ofgem's reply?  The cap is based on a 'typical' user's 12 month cost. It is up to SP how they calculate that using p/kwh and the daily standing charge.  Of course the cap does not mean you will never pay more, it still depends on how many kwh you actually use. Also it may well be cheaper for you to switch to a fixed tariff rather than stay on the standard variable tariff.  Anyway the cap is a welcome cost reduction for many.

posted by mikemetham | 9 months ago

I have given up and switched to another supplier. They did call me back and were very helpful. I voted with my feet. Shame!

posted by mikemetham | 9 months ago
I tried at all sorts of various times. On hold for ages and ending up having to give up. Perhaps that’s what they want. Anyhow, I’ve now switched to another supplier who did answer the phone. Shame!

posted by JackieE | 9 months ago

After setting up my account with SP last August, and noting countless errors ranging from the fact that the account was linked to the wrong meter, to errors in my name and address, I have spent many hours on the chat line, and on the phone, both from abroad (where I live) and from the UK, and have clocked up over £100 in phone bills. After my last call, which again took almost 45 minutes, I was promised that I would receive a call today from the Back Office to whom these issues have been referred. The window was 9 to 12 am and I still have not received this call.

Will be writing a letter to cancel my account this afternoon.

posted by JackieE | 9 months ago
My Messages only seems to work one way, i.e. when SP wants to write to me. No e-mail for correspondence has been provided either.

posted by William33 | 9 months ago
I find it really quite difficult getting through to SP, by any forms of communication, whether it be email, telephone or by letter. I sent proof of my income as I was asked to do this, but I got a letter back telling me to send proof, they had not received it, and they also told me they had sent me a reminder, which I did not receive also.

Hi Jackie.    To close your account you need to choose a new supplier, activate the new account and the SP closure will then happen.  SP will not close an account and leave a  property completely unsupplied.

Be prepared to pay off any outstanding debts to SP.

Hi William. Send your proof of income again and be sure to add your name address and account number to all the documents.

posted by DaveD | 9 months ago
Hi Davc...on further investigation I see that OFGEM did include the daily rate. So I see that SP have tripled it to make sure that they still can make a big profit. Why should it cost 7p per day last year and 23p this year?