Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by William33 | 5 months ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power
Thank You Davc for your kind help, I have just sent an email, but as you say, it goes to a call centre in India, so ?
Highlighted

I find it very hard to actually get contact with SP, but Davc has given me the address, but alas, this is a call centre in India, so ?

Waiting for over a month is just out of order, you should be compensated for all this delay and frustration it has caused.

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Hi William The email address does work and I have no information about it being answered in Glasgow Warrington or Mumbai, whatever happens to it it does get results.

posted by JackieE | 5 months ago

DaveC,

The house is divided into two flats, one of which I purchased in August from the owner of the house, who lets the other flat to a tenant. It is her meter that is being wrongly billed to me. I agree that it should be straightforward to sort out. However, I have now had a reply to my "Complaint" e-mail, which unfortunately is continuing in the over-automated, semi-robotic style I am becoming accustomed to with Scottish Power.

Here is an extract: 

"Firstly I would like to apologize that I am unable to complete your request today.

As I am unable to bring this matter to a conclusion today, I request you to kindly confirm if you wish to opt for Dual Fuel account with the tariff Online Fixed Price Energy August 2019 so we can setup one for you.

Need more help? There are a number of quicker and easier ways to get in touch – online, chat or phone. Visit https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/getintouch or download our energy app, search ‘ScottishPower – your energy’ via the iOS App or Android Google Play Store."

Either the person in India who replied is not allowed enough time to read the notes I sent, or I am actually dealing with a robot. Strange that most servers now expect readers to prove that they are not robots by entering words or clicking photos. Perhaps SP should introduce the same function to reassure its clients too.

And in spite of the fact that I clearly stated my address in the heading of my e-mail, the address quoted by the agent is still wrong. It is probably the fact SP can't get the address right that is the source of the problem!

It's all very frustrating. I will now respond to the reply by asking for the Complaint reference number which will enable me to take the procedure set out on SP's website to the next step.

I have just received an e-mail from SP saying that my account has now been closed. Not the account that was set up to the wrong meter though.
And a new account has also been set up, perhaps pending an agreement on the tariffs, but so far it is the "Standard" tariff that I do not want.
And the balance I am supposed to pay does not at all correspond to my calculations.
What a mess!

Hi Jackie, that is progress, the Standard tariff is the cheapest right now because of the government price cap. You can switch to a fixed tariff any time you want without penalty. I hope it is really getting sorted now. 

Hi Dave. I don't want the Standard tariff, as the flat is a holiday home with low consumption and I'm looking to keep the standing charge as low as possible. All I want is to be able to discuss this with an agent who understands the problem and does not spend 30 minutes going through all my details.

Jackie you need to find the tariff with the lowest standing charge and switch to it on line, this should be easy (I hope)

posted by fedup8 | 5 months ago

Dear Davc, thank you for your kind help. You're the only one here making any kind of effort. I did what you advised me - payed all my oustanding bills, no matter how wrong they are, only to dispute it later on and escape a bad credit history. Well, it's been officially about three weeks when I can't get to SP. I sent them an email explaining my situation, received one saying they should get in touch within 5 working days. Okay, but I still haven't.

The thing is they keep sending me emails that I have outstanding charges... unbelievable. I sent them the amount expected, even some more on top. I guess they thought of it as paying only for one of the bills and completely ignored the other one. I really tried to avoid all those charges. I don't know if they're going to start building up now but there's no way to contact SP.