Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power
Hi fed up. SP cannot leave you in the dark like this. Keep trying. One person I helped used Citizens Advice successfully.

posted by JackieE | 6 months ago
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your very useful remarks. I must admit I had completely overlooked the fact that I am able to change the tariff myself as this is something I would not be able to do in France where I live most of the time.
However, the account has been closed and a new one set up with no explanation (or instructions from me). The initial account set up to somebody else's meter is still however open, and it is into this account that my direct debits are still being paid. I had been told by SP back in October that the credit accrued on that account would be transferred to the new account, but this has not happened. I do not wish to make any changes to the tariff or payments before I have had a clear reply to my complaint, but still have not received a reference number to enable me to make this complaint. I think I should cancel the Direct Debit (and probably should have done that ages ago), but again, this is not something I would have been able to do in the French system.
What do you advise me to do?

You can cancel the wrong DD by requesting your bank to stop it. I think you should do this but make sure SP know what you are doing and that you want to set up a new DD linked to your real account.   If they think you are just stopping payments for no reason it could damage your credit status.  Glad you have made some progress with your two meters.

posted by debbie1982 | 6 months ago
It has so far 1 hour 9 mins awaiting on the telephone for someone to answer!!!! I mean seriously this is disgusting customer service, yes call lines are busy but you obviously need more staff! I’m so annoyed not only have you grossly over billed me but I have to wait over an hour to speak to a human about it 😡😡

posted by fustyluggs | 6 months ago
By far the worst company to get hold of. You should switch to Bulb, excellent online response, far superior to this lot.

Hi Debbie. Sorry you had to wait on the phone. I would never wait more than 10 minutes because if it is not working it is not likely to change quickly. Try in the morning as early as possible.

posted by bryanbblack | 5 months ago

Nobody answers the phone, It is pathetic that a copy of their size doesn't have enough people in the call centre. Their service is absolutely rubbish and they have messed up several accounts and failed to terminate them. I can't even talk to someone to try and get fixed. Are there any other numbers to call?

posted by fdoff43 | 5 months ago

this is terrible company to contact call centers a shambles at best.  trying to deal with a problem web site cant 

posted by fdoff43 | 5 months ago
lucky you they just hang up on me
Highlighted

posted by Alibongo | 5 months ago

Hi I am looking for my MPRN number