Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Newbie17 | 7 months ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power

I agree with everyone who says how difficult Scottish Power are to contact - in any manner.  I tried phoning a few days ago and chose their option to call me back (as I had already tried hanging on to no effect).  When they did call back I I was simply added to the 'hanging on' queue.

I then tried emailing them - I had eventually found an email address on a previous visit to their web site - and have had no answer at all to date, even though it is well past their target time of 7 days, which is not a very good time scale anyway.

My initial problem was that they had (again) said that they were increasing my Direct Debit amount on my latest bill at the start of February 2019 and I keep trying to explain that I pay a fixed amount each month which means during winter months I may not have enough in my account to cover all bills but that this evens itself out during the summer months.  That is the whole point of paying like that!!  I managed to get this corrected at the time of my last bill.  And then I find on my bank account that they have not increased my Direct Debit amount after all - but as that may only be because their decision to increase my monthly payment was not made in time for my most recent payment I wish to contact them again to make sure they do not increase my payment in March 2019.

And I hate those Web Chat things.  For one thing they seem to take ages to answer just a simple question (half an hour or more sometimes) and judging from some of the answers I have received (on other Web Chat sites) I am sure I have been communicating with a machine and not a person.  So I do not use them any more.

I will certainly be considering another supplier when my offer period with Scottish Power ends.

I would also like to add that when I tried to change my Direct Debit payment myself on the web site, it was willing to do so, but only if I paid a certain additional amount as a one-off payment first!!  Not good enough.  Pease see my earlier post of a few minutes ago to understand why.

posted by No_call_I_move | 7 months ago

I cant get through to anyone to renew my tarrif. If no one calls me back. I will simply switch. Its easier to switch. 

I will leave it to scottish power to decide if they want my buisness or not. 

Call_me_ or_i_switch

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Alibongo It is printed on your bill.

posted by JackieE | 7 months ago

I'd like to share my experience with contacting Scottish Power.  After many months of trying to sort out the errors they had made with my new account, by calling and using the chat system, both of which are completely useless due to the lack of consistency in the competence of the advisors, I finally found the Complaint Procedure  https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Complaints/ScottishPower-Complaints/ta-p/37and an e-mail address: contactus@scottishpower.com via which I was able to explain my problem. The answer was not very satisfactory, but I did manage to get a Complaint Reference Number in order to fill in the form (Stage 3) and file my complaint that way. It was referred to the Customer Service Director who actually  got back to me and, although it took over an hour on the phone, sorted all the problems out.

So don't lose hope, There are some people working for SP who are allowed to use their heads rather than follow  instructions by rote, and actually get things done!

posted by honeybeeman | 7 months ago

I have just read your piece and I too have had a great deal of trouble contacting Scottish Power. I have been trying to contact them since November and since I have a free day, I have been trying again. I wrote to them  on 26th January to the St Vincent address and I still await a reply. I E-mailed them today and received the usual reply !!! 5 working days. I have colated all the problems trying to contact SP and I am getting ready to discuss all the whole saga with OFGEM and thereafter with my member of Parliament. I wonder if that might spur them on to give me a response.

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. Good to know (in a way!) that other people have similar issues with Scottish Power that I do. I have also written to the St Vincent address and had no reply. May I suggest that you look at another reply I received from JackieE who offers a potential way to get a solution.

Thanks for your reply Jackie. Good to know (sort of!) that other people have as much difficulty with Scottish Power that I do. I too have used that email address, at least I think it was that one - without checking my email address list. I thought the one I used was contactus@scottishpower.co.uk (not .com) but I may be wrong. I am taking note of the Complaints address that you give and will follow that up. I have not stumbled across that so far - 'stumble' is the right word I think as I find this particular web site very annoying to navigate (some others too) and difficult to find what I want. I often find myself going round in circles.

Hello again JackiE - thought you might be interested in my attempt to phone Scottish Power on the number given in the link you provided me with. Called the number, entered my account number as requested, and then I got the usual menu so I selected the only vaguely relevant option 4 (General Enquiry) and the line went totally silent!! Even though the timer on my phone was still going! So I hung up.
I just wanted to ask a hopefully sensible human being my questions. I really do not want to escalate it to a full-blown complaint complete with Ombudsman. Not so long ago I felt I was left with no choice but to make a much more serious complaint with another organisation which I had to escalate to their Ombudsman. Throughout I was as good as called a liar, treated like an idiot, and nothing whatsoever was done to the best of my knowledge. I certainly got no satisfactory resolution, no resolution at all in fact. The written replies I got and the phone calls concerned left an awful lot to be desired, including their promptness, frequency and quality. I am a typical British person in that I am reluctant to complain except when really necessary - and that is the treatment I got when I did complain. I am now even more reluctant to complain, which is causing me a lot of anxiety at present because absolutely everything I do just lately seems to warrant a complaint of some kind. It looks as if Ombudsman services also need a complaints procedure, or an Ombudsman (help!). Scottish Power seem to be one of the worst I must admit.

Latest update from the person who originally raised this moan!  I had an email reply from someone supposedly from Scottish Power but as I never sent any further emails to them then I can only think someone picked up my moan on the Community site - or Scottish Power have a hacker they don't know about, and so do I.

I have since had two emails giving contradictory information - one to say that they have amended details so that I will continue to pay the amount I have been paying each month since I joined Scottish Power and a second one a day later to say they will not change the amount back to what it was until April 2019!!  And they want meter readings again only one month after I have had a quarterly bill.  Am I living in an alternate universe or something?

I am starting to think I might switch suppliers yet again before my discounted introductory period ends and to hell with the termination costs!!  It might actually be cheaper in the long run as well as less trying on my stress levels.