Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Margaret | A year ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power

I agree with the last comment. Why is there nowhere to email you; except through this?

At the moment I am a new customer but you are not taking any money and I need to sort this. 

I also need to get out of the  boiler care I have mistakenly taken out/or arrange an initial inspection visit (the conditions say I have to do this if you do not do so within two weeks...)

This is not  a great start as a customer....

posted by Margaret | A year ago

Now  been cut off on the phone after 34 minutes.........

posted by Ddr-complainer | A year ago

Moderation edit: previous post removed due to incorrect contact details, correct contact details now shown below.

I have now been advised that my previous response has been removed! and that if you need help, and wish to email Scottish Power "you should visit www.scottishpower.co.uk/email where your email will then be routed to the best team for your query."

Good Luck - this does seem to work, though may sometimes take a day or two.

posted by rwhite | A year ago

I've been trying all week, no answer and eventually it just throws you off. Tonight I tried at 9:30pm but this time not even a call queue, it just "too busy, call back later" I also have tried to book a call back but it just says nothing available even if I try a week from today. Its a joke, they're a joke. I merely want to advise them NOT to put me on their standard tarrif but it looks like if they ignore me long enough I won;t get a choice. Pi** poor company.

"Occasionally", "evenings"??? - I've been trying for days. I want to ask a simple question and avoid you forcing me onto your variable tariff BUT there is no answer at 8:00am, no answer at 10:00am, no answer mid day, no answer mid afternoon and seemingly no answer at 9:30pm. Are you seriously suggesting that 9:30pm is your busy period??? Now to your on-line account. I have done that also but you fail to show whether your tariff options are quoted with VAT or without VAT. A simple question to answer if only you would answer. Now cut the excuses and either answer the phone OR enable a call back function.

Still on the phone today - 30mins and counting. I'm going to have to give up soon and get back to do doing some work

Had to give up again after being on hold for 35 minutes. SP will now be moving me to their variable rate tariff against my will purely by not providing any method for me to contact them. I;ve not had a call back, been trying to contact them for over one week by phone, tried all times of day and night and I've had no response to my emailed complaint - Nice work SP, how to force a customer onto your most expensive tariff against their will. Off to ofgem to see what they can do Smiley Happy.

posted by sodem | A year ago

I have just spent two half hour sessions on the phone trying to change my tariff, Please take my advice don't hold your breath whilst waiting for a answer

posted by Brid | A year ago

On the expiry of a one year fixed rate tariff our monthly gas bill shot from £25/month to £90/month, despite being £274 in credit. ( We installed a wonderful Burley log burning stove in 2016 which slashed our heating bill, and we thought we had found the path to the Nirvana of cheap heat!)  When I disputed this and insisted the tariff and monthly payment  be reviewed I received a confirmation email in June 2017  our monthly bill would stand at £45, to be implemented in July 2017.  Instead,  to our horror and amazement,  since that date the sum of £101 has been taken from our bank account every month.  Being all but computer illiterate I have spent hours trying to send emails to complain about this but find the Scottish Power site so utterly confusing  and unworkable that I cannot find a way to send an email....Although I obviously managed to send one in June 2017....and I have been unable to make contact with a human being by phone.  Deciding this is a savings scheme provided by Scottish Power we put the matter on the back burner(!) Lost the will to fight further and unwilling to pay the penalty incurred in leaving  Scottish Power until expiration of contract next june.    Tonight, after I gave my meter reading  I was informed our monthly bill will now be £18/month??????? 

sadly I am back after only 4 weeks. Eventually diue to a formal complaint Scottish Power called me. They advised me of the lowest cost tariff for me and in mid January switched me to this lowest cost (still much higher than what I had been on) tariff. Today I discoverred that my business partner (who just happens to use the same Gas and Electric consumption) has been given a much much cheaper Tariff. I contacted Scottich Power today to ask why and I will share their response.

"It is not that you have not been given the cheapest Tariff, you have, it is just that the Tarrif that you are asking about is not avilable to you"!!!

What sort of con is this. When I ask what the cheaper Tarrif is I expect to be told the truth. Maybe I am just too stupid to understand such a complicated matter Smiley Happy - See if you can decice;

My Tarrif:- Online Fixed and Save Jan19 - Stand charge £0.3131 / Gas Unit 2.92p / Elec Unit 13p

and now the Tarrif that I am not allowed to pick (apparently)

Super saver Apr2019 - Stand Charge £19.19p / Gas Unit 2.737p / Elec Unit 12.194p

Now Scottish Power - Unless I am mistaken (or pretty **bleep** stupid) Super Saver Apr19 is less expensive in every aspect than the Online Fixed and Save so I am directly asking you why your adviser on the 18th January advised me that the best Tariff for me was the more expensive one?