Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power

Hello RobinT   You can change your tariff online in your SP account, no need to speak to them by phone. There are no penalties for switching within the SP tariff range.

Highlighted

posted by RobinT | A year ago

How I wish it was that simple. The app says something went wrong when I try and according to Scottish Power you can't switch tariffs in the first month.

Highlighted

posted by charlielindores | A year ago

I have spent hours on hold to Scottish Power after being asked to contact them re transfer from Extra Energy. No response even to call back request. Every time I attempt to anything on website 'something has gone wrong'. Now terrified I will get a huge bill.

Highlighted

Hello @RobinT   I did not know you could only change tariff after one month. You could wait until the month is up and then change, even the worst tariff will not cost much for only one month. 

Highlighted

posted by Scaz52 | A year ago

Have tried for 3 days in a row to contact SP using the telephone at different times of day and have NEVER managed to get through to talk to a human being !!!! All I want to do is find out whether the meter readings I supplied on tansferring to SP from my previous supplier, AVRO Energy, has been forwarded to them, or if I have to do that. PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT HAS BEEN DONE BY YOURSELVES AND WHAT I NEED TO DO, IF ANYTHING. Thank you for your anticipated response to me via email at hte address you already have. Thank you.  

Highlighted

Hello Scaz, SP will not reply to messages on this forum, you need to send your comments directly to them  on                                          Contactus@scottishpower.com

Highlighted

posted by Lorrainec | A year ago

I used the app to ask a question yesterday - 16 hours later it hasn't even been read? I have a screen dump showing this.

Highlighted

posted by bluegarryd | A year ago

Hi

I have an issue with my bill, I moved into my apartment on the 25th September and actually stay there for 2 nights a week, then 2 saturdays a month, my electricity bill is currently £1389, I have contacted Scottish Power to tell them i think there is something wrong with the meter and they said they would call me back when I had took a further meter reading after a week, they didn't contact me back so I have been trying to contact them and i'm sick of waiting on hold, especially seing that I am at work, I contacted the on the online chat and all i got back was that the bill is correct even though I hasd explained about the fact I'm hardly there, £70 a week for electricity is obviously wrong in my opinion, and now they are threatening to cut me off if I don't pay, absolutely terrible customer service!!

Highlighted

posted by kayjay | A year ago

Been trying all morning to change my tariff, and that of elderly relative.  Constant messages saying unable to continue online, please use webchat.  Webchat unavailable message!  How do I contact you, please?

Highlighted

Hello bluegarryd.   The costs do seem very high. How does your heating work? Is the apartment kept warm while you are not there? Are you sure you are reading the right meter, maybe one belonging to a neighbour? Are you reading the meter correctly ignoring decimal point numbers? A lot of things need to be checked.